UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss patchy grey floor grout will a sealer give a perment wet look in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stevedoc

i grouted a floor using granfix grey flexible grout which has dried patchy some parts almost white some grey , i've cleaned it all with grout residue cleaner which has helped but not worked completely ,the client likes the look of the grout while it's wet as it's darker and more even in colour would a tile sealent like stain stop or slate seal give the grout a more even darker look , advive would be helpfull as i have one more chance to sort this out and i don't what to have to retile the floor thanks

ive been called to a big floor with problems with the grout and it turned out the tiler hadnt removed the transit wax and it had washed into the grout causing it to look patchy. but i have done a job before using brown maxi grout which dried with a white film on it. when we contacted the rep he said we used to much water even tho we had washed it off the same as all my other jobs in the last 16 years

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to patchy grey floor grout will a sealer give a perment wet look in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
patchy grey floor grout will a sealer give a perment wet look
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.