UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Pebble like tile? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

10mm or smaller??? i'm not sure there is, by the time you've grouted most of the pebble would be covered. Some of the nicest and flattest ones i've used were from island stone, but hefty at around £90 sqm if I remember correctly
ive used island stone pebbles quite a few times but they are larger than you are after .
the only small stones ive seen have had some kind of resin applied over them to give a fairly smooth finish. no grout AT ALL. LOOKS GOOD THOUGH

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

These are some I have used.

Attachments

• peb1.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 39
  • peb 2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 41
  • peb3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 39
  • peb4.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 38
  • peb5.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 38
J

jonnyc

these look great phil.
were they just wet when you took photo or sealed with something to bring out colour.
where did they come from?
do you use dry treat much or was it just supplied.
i think it is very expensive when compared to lithofin for example,which in turn is pricey although a great product.
i have followed dry treat products since i first found them at verona about 8 years ago or more.
think its a great sealer but they really price themselves very high i think.
i know the spiel is that it lasts so much longer but sealer market is a hard one to crack.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

do you use dry treat much or was it just supplied.
i think it is very expensive when compared to lithofin for example,which in turn is pricey although a great product.
i have followed dry treat products since i first found them at verona about 8 years ago or more.
think its a great sealer but they really price themselves very high i think.
i know the spiel is that it lasts so much longer but sealer market is a hard one to crack.

Hi Jonny, yes I use it quite a lot mainly on geo floors, I have used it on all types of stone, porcelain etc. If you believe the reps they tell you the molecules are 200 times smaller than any other impregnator. I rate it, but as you say it is a bit pricey, the other thing is you have to be an approved applicator, which means you have to be able to use a roller.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Pebble like tile? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, im doing a small downstairs cloakroom with 600 x 600 terrazzo tiles. I cant decide on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.