UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Pets for kids in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I always had pets as a kid, mainly cats and dogs. I'm a big believer in giving kids pets to give them a bit of responsibility, to look after and feed them and what not. My little girl loves cats and dogs so I've got her a couple of kittens which I'm picking up tomorrow (I'm more of a dog person but they are a bit high maintenance). Does anyone else share my belief that pets are a good way of teaching a child responsibility?

U

user123

Defnitely, a good thing for children. I always always wanted a cat or a dog at home but wasn't allowed either, but I did have budgies I taught to talk and do all sorts of tricks, and I pinched a laboratory white mouse from the grammar school lab I wanted to save and hid it under my bed for as long as I could! :lol: I had a rescue dog in London that got killed, sadly, and now am so so happy with the cutest cat in the universe - pets are good for people of all ages! :) :) :)

D

Deleted member 9966

I had hamsters when I was younger. Much for the same reasons most parents get their children pets, to teach them some responsibility. I even had a couple more hamsters when I was in my late teens and was working for Focus when they used to have pet stores adjoined to them. Mr GRR and I have a dog and we will continue to have dogs even when Baby GRR arrives. I just wish the current dog would be less racist, less noisy and less mardy. I'd quite like a dog next that will play with toys and chase tennis balls in the garden. And hopefully a dog that will be Baby GRR's closest friend :grin:

T

The D

I think it is a good lesson for kids to look after pets. We have a German shepherd called Fizzy a bearded dragon called Draco and a hamster called nacho
012 (5).jpg 004 (5).jpg 059.jpg

Reply to Pets for kids in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm faced with a bit of a conundrum regarding the state of our shower recess, as well...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
Thought it might be a bit of fun (and maybe educational) for members to share a few stories of...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.