UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss photo donations? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Prem Tiler

fellas, (oh and any fellaess's there may be)

I'm currently building a web site in anticipation of getting work from it and could do with some help. has any one got any pics of good tiling they have done and dont mind me putting it on my site until i gather some pics of my own.

really cheeky I hear you say but if you dont ask you dont get! I'm all the way down in sunny Bournemouth so I doubt people looking at your sites for work are gonna stumble across mine.

It would only be until I've got some of my own.

Cheers guys. (and guyets)

Dean.

O

Olz

You should very cautious about putting pictures of work on the web that you've not done yourself, it could be seen as misleading. If your just after some generic tile pictures to use as decoration generally on the pages to set a theme for your webiste, you can get some really cheap ones from image suppliers that look really good. Do a quick google for tile images etc.

But again, I really wouldnt recommend putting other peoples work in any form of gallery that customers could be given the impression that it was work you've done, it could cause you problems if an unhappy customer were to twig onto the fact that you'd passed them off as your own.

P

Prem Tiler

I wouldn't of passed them off as mine just as examples of tile pattern's and different tile's.

If you dont want to help fine I understand.

Dave, I shall be getting me camera out as soon as i've got some jobs to do. no win situation at the mo. no work = no photos. no photos = no work. just trying to use my head and ask kindly for some help. I suppose I'll just do a medlar and take without asking. lol

dont worry oli I def wont use any of yours. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Prem Tiler

if your looking for ideas would it no be better to go into as many tiles shops as you can and get some brochures,i always carry a few with me to give customers some ideas,or you could take out the pictures you would feel comfortable doing at make a collage in a folder to show potential customers different styles and patterns,that way it wouldn't look like plagerism!:thumbsup:

great idea David! top man!!

C

cornish_crofter

I get loads of tiling jobs, I've only been taking pictures of them recently and I don't even actively use them to get work.

It doesn't stop me getting the work though.

Sorry but I wouldn't consent to any of my pictures being used on someone else's website, or for them to show examples of what they could do. Once they have them in their possession I have no control as to how they're used.

Even if you are only getting splashbacks, take pictures of them, that's a start!

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
Hi Dean. I have to agree with everyone else...borrowing pics is a big no no. When I started I had no pics, only the brochures from tile stores (Topps change theirs regularly and Tim's Tiles opposite Tile Giant in Poole is good for a few brochures too. Try Tiegla Tiles in West Parley too, they may have something) I added pics of work done at home and went from there. Dont really use it to sell myself, only to help picture an idea for a customer.

You say you cant get access to previous job sites now...may be worth trying to see if they will let you in for a couple of pictures or even send you some on email if you really need them for website / portfolio.

Chris

beanz

TF
Berkshire
if your looking for ideas would it no be better to go into as many tiles shops as you can and get some brochures,i always carry a few with me to give customers some ideas,or you could take out the pictures you would feel comfortable doing at make a collage in a folder to show potential customers different styles and patterns,that way it wouldn't look like plagerism!:thumbsup:

Nice ideas David. Much better than putting someone elses pic up on your website.

On a side note... Do you guys that have web sites, get much work from them? None of the Tradesmen i know locally have web sites, so i'm interested to know if they are worth the effort!?!

M

MICK the Tiler

fellas, (oh and any fellaess's there may be)

I'm currently building a web site in anticipation of getting work from it and could do with some help. has any one got any pics of good tiling they have done and dont mind me putting it on my site until i gather some pics of my own.

really cheeky I hear you say but if you dont ask you dont get! I'm all the way down in sunny Bournemouth so I doubt people looking at your sites for work are gonna stumble across mine.

It would only be until I've got some of my own.

Cheers guys. (and guyets)

Dean.

Seems like a genuine request. I do a write up in a couple of local tile magazines about 4 times a year down here in OZ and I often request the use of photo's to add for the column. By askng first is the right way to go, so I'll help you out. Feel free to use some of mine in my Gallery on your website. I live far enough away for it not too matter. Please publish Photos with credits to MICK the Tiler, that is all I ask.:thumbsup:

P

Prem Tiler

Mick can I say a huge thanks. i'm glad you can see that I was after some help and was genuine enough to ask guys first rather than just copy and paste without asking first.

all i'm after is some nice looking generic photos to fill gaps in my website and as soon as i've got enough to replace them they will do. I'll put a credit note and a link to your site on there too Mick. I'll email you as soon as it's done with the web address so you can ok it before I start advertising the web address.

so cheers again Mick. oh and good to see ya back about!

M

MICK the Tiler

Mick can I say a huge thanks. i'm glad you can see that I was after some help and was genuine enough to ask guys first rather than just copy and paste without asking first.

all i'm after is some nice looking generic photos to fill gaps in my website and as soon as i've got enough to replace them they will do. I'll put a credit note and a link to your site on there too Mick. I'll email you as soon as it's done with the web address so you can ok it before I start advertising the web address.

so cheers again Mick. oh and good to see ya back about!

Not a problem at all, In fact it is quite refreshing and somewhat flattering for someone like yourself to ask. Top marks for courtesy.

Over the years I've had alot of pictures used by others without permission, but I also understand that the internet is a place of mystery and madness and that people can be whoever they want to be in this fantasy world of cyberspace.

Pictures to me are just eye candy for others to enjoy and to also build self esteem and egos amongst other peers. I'm no professional photographer, so being precious about pictures doesn't negate me earning a living.

Your tiling ability is what sells not pictures, but we all need to start somewhere. So knock yourself out with pics from my gallery, I can only hope they come up to standard to use on a website.

I wish you well in your website design and look forward to seeing it completed.

All the best Mick :thumbsup:

G

garretridge

you should get a sheet of ply up on a wall and buy some cheap tiles or ask in local tile shop they will give you if you ask nicely, and practise thats what i did and take pictures of the different designs you create gives you practise and you can say they are all your own work to customers.I dont advise you use other peoples it will give you a bad name hope this helps it did for me! :lol:

Reply to photo donations? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Due to a set of unforeseen circumstances in my life i'm having to completely reassess my...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views
Good evening, after working in tile shops for over 7 years and attending various courses with...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
photo donations?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.