Discuss Pics of my finished DIY bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

GaryM

Thanks to many posters here, I've finally completed my bathroom.
It's only my second tiling job to date, the first being my en-suite. I hope it's my last though!}

So, thanks for all your helpful advice and tips.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

G

Gazebo

Thanks for all your kind words.
It felt like it took ages but I geared up this past week, starting when I got home from work until around 8pm.
Fitted the new floor last Saturday, tiled it on Sunday then grouted over a few evenings.
Finally, I fitted the toilet and sink yesterday so I now have one happy missus! :hurray:

All I need to do now if fit the shower controls (main tank and heater is seperate in the loft), fit the bits that go with it (rail etc) and find a suitable shower screen, ideally a 4 or 5 piece design which folds back onto itself.

Hi Gary

Nice work matey, with regards to the shower/bath screen may I recommend 'Manhatten swiftseal folding screens' they are not the cheapest but have a bar that drops down onto the bath and create a nice water tight seal, I have fitted many of these in rental properties with no problems.

avoid anything cheap and nasty from B&Q etc.

hope this helps
Gary

R

Richard Edwards

Thats really a pro-tilers quality finish - Do you want a job in S.Wales ?

Only minor point that may worm away at you in time - the heated towel rail would have been better to have 'angled valves' so that the c/heating flow and rtns would have come through the wall into the valves rather than through the floor. This will keep your floor clear. That said it is a really nice job.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Pics of my finished DIY bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
I am a part-time handyman - have done floor tiling before and small areas of wall tiling but...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Guys I have a tiled kitchen floor that needs replacing to address the hollow and hence mega...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 49260
D
Hi All, It's my first post here. I'm currently working on a wetroom in my flat and would love to...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB