Discuss Plasterboard on bathroom wall in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I've put up marmox backer boards on 3 of the walls in my small bathroom including the wall that holds the loo and basin, side of shower and shower itself. I've bought normal 12.5mm plasterboard for the remaining wall which is furthest away from the bath/ shower (about 1.5m away) to try and save some money, but I'm questioning whether its going to be ok to use. The wall won't come into contact with water directly but probably condensation with it being quite a cold room.
I was just wondering on peoples opinions on this?
All 4 walls are going to be tiled by the way.

Thanks.

Doh, wish I'd just got extra marmox for the last wall, probably going to work out more expensive after buying adhesive and fixings for dot dabbing the pb. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I also got some primer for the plasterboard as I'm using a cement based tile adhesive for my porcelain tiles, do you still need to use it if using a tanking kit? Ta

LEH

TF
Oxford
I'm not a pro like the guys above but I've also just finished a small bathroom. I got my wall that's not in the wet area skimmed, then I painted it with a durable acrylic eggshell - that's wipeable and a bit more capable of dealing with the humidity. You're probably better off investing in good extraction - like an in-line fan up in the loft that has a much higher airflow - to keep the humidity down for protecting stuff that won't get directly wet.

Q

Qwerty

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Plasterboard on bathroom wall in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. I'm doing up a bathroom as a DIY project. Going to tile all the walls, including...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
Hello gents! Long time lurker, first time poster.... I’m just fitting out our en-suite bathroom...
Replies
Views
Allan D
A
Hi all, I'm redoing my bathroom that I did 15 odd years ago. Before it was tiled with 20x20...
Replies
Views
Hi, Am about to prep an old bathroom wall for a small bit of tiling - only a couple of m2 and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB