Discuss plasterboard question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

johnryan

hello all, just a quick question about tiling to plasterboard. it a first floor room with a dorma window so one of the walls to be tiled is at a 45 degree angle between the wall and ceiling. i'm sure you know what i mean, cant think of a better way to explain. anyway, the tiles are 600 x 400 porcelaine which are ok for the vertical walls, but not sure if i need to overboard the sloping roof bit with wedi/marmox etc. any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated. haven't been asked to tile this part of a loft type bathroom before. cheers.

john

J

johnryan

it's ok, i know the weight limits, and tile and addy comes in at 31 kg so fine for the vertical walls i just need to know if they can go on the underside of the ceiling wall where it's at 45 degrees between the wall and ceiling. not sure about the weight limit when the plasterboard is almost upside down if you know what i mean. example.jpg just put this picture in and have drawn red lines around the part i mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

johnryan

ok, cheers,was thinking it would be fine it would be fine. just wanted to ask here first, as some may have done this before. wasn't sure if the weight limits were the same in this situation. as for supports, im thinking making up a few dead men that tackers use to hold boards up to the ceiling to prop them up till they set. will use rapid set so wont need to keep them there for long, especially as it's so hot.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to plasterboard question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A
    • Disagree
Hi Guessing this has been covered many times before but wasn’t sure what to search on. I have a...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, We have brought 600 x 400 x 12 travertine for wall and floor in a small bathroom. The...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
M
This is my first major tiling job in the house, so I am after some advice please. We are...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys I'm going to try to tile my bathroom. On the pictures you will see two old window...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
D
I am about to start tiling a bathroom with 600 x 400 limestone tiles. I have stripped the...
Replies
Views
Danetre
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB