Discuss plasterboard question. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

SJPurdy

If using a ready mixed dispersion adhesive then I believe it is not necessary to prime plasterboard . However if using a cement based adhesive then the plasterboard should be primed according to all the data sheets I have.
As for taping the joints with scrim, I do because if the tile joint aligns with a plasterboard joint then it will add little extra stability underneath the grout joint

P

Protilers

Just a couple of points while reading this thread -
1) check the weights of large format tiles prior to fixing on plasterboard ( bare and skimmed)
2) do not use a tubbed dispersion adhesive on large format porcelain tiles.

that question (1) never arises from a client IMO John..........so I have added it as "ADVICE" on the "about" page of my new website........

oh and if you dont know....(the general public and not you John!)

20kg skimmed

32kg unskimmed!

so save yourself some money and DONT PLASTER WALLS THAT NEED TO BE TILED!!!!!

oh.....and I avoid tubbed like the plauge!!!....... hheeheheee

thanks mate......and a great point well presented!

all the best

Lee

Reply to plasterboard question. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We had an outdoor limestone patio laid at the start of June (finished circa 07/06/24)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB