Discuss plasterboard vs 12mm WBP hardwood ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I agree with WB on this....unless you have an incredibly stable plywood (multi ply cabinet grade baltic birch for example), I think ply is bad mojo. :)

PS Plywood quality here is really bad, bad, bad.

Same here Rob...A lot is imported poor poor grade and passed of as WBP , which in fact some cannot even handle moisture from the adhesive..

I use cement boards all the time now instead of ply.

D

Deleted member 1779

My shower is a mix of plasterboard and ply
shower3.jpg

But we spent just under £100 on a bucket of tanking so really would have been better off using moisture resistant mateirals to begin with.
bal_tanking.jpg

Did a stud frame and then used the mix of ply and plasterboard

shower6.jpg

That's five years ago and I think its the tanking that saved any agro with the boarding.

shower7.jpg

But was a lot to shell out.

That was 5 years ago - materials are better these days

Reply to plasterboard vs 12mm WBP hardwood ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m just about to renovate small bathroom and replace bath with shower. We have very hard...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm looking to start my bathroom renovation with the intention of tiling the whole...
Replies
Views
Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
plasterboard vs 12mm WBP hardwood ply
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.