UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Plastic ply used it but not sure about it!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I used it today as I think I need to give it a try ,I used it on a 6m2 18mm plywood floor being totally honest I cant believe the hype at the moment
1 Firstly it it supposed to be quicker than installing ditra
it isnt as as the floor needs to be primed and you have to wait for that to dry out 100% before you can lay the plastic ply where if you stick ditra with an acryllic glue such as f44 you can get on it in pretty much straight away
2. height difference ditra 3mm plastic ply 2mm
3.you use less adhesive with plastic ply ,to get a warranty you have to use the N&c flexirapid which is more expensive than some brands of flex rapid that are available
so there is no cost saving there
4.plastic ply is expensive £20 per pack retail for 1.2m2 best trade price £12.50 m2
Ditra trade price £6-£8m2
5. deflection its has been claimed plastic ply allows tiling over floors showing slight deflection but when you call their technical dept. they insist the floors must be deflection free
So In my opinion plastic ply is not a bad product by any means but I wont be changing from Ditra anytime soon

S

Spud

Update on plastic ply
I used plastic ply on an exhibition stand at the Ideal home exhibition,the floor was 3mx3.5m 18mm chipboard laid loose over a concrete floor ,I stuck the plastic ply over the loose board and secured it with some extra 18mm screws where the boards jointed under the plastic ply,I was there on saturday half expecting to see cracked joints or loose tiles but to my surprise the floor was in perfect condition and this product has surpassed my expectations and I have to admit has astounded me on how much foot traffic it has taken on loose unfixed chipboard

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Plastic ply used it but not sure about it!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.