UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Please look... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="Think Bike advert - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just a reminder to all drivers to keep your peepers open when driving about. I almost took a rider off yesterday by looking in my wing mirror AS I started to turn, he shouldn't have been there but that is a hell of a way to ruin your day. Some bikers are total idiots i grant you but most of us just want to ride safely and enjoy it. If you see a biker, try to give him a bit of room and keep your peepers on your mirrors if he is behind you and remember to signal BEFORE you turn.

And bikers, roads and tracks are different. Keep your wits about you and assume that every single car you see is going to swerve or do something stupid. Dont intimidate other road users or try and play Rossi on the road... Its going to hurt.

I will finish with a quote from Valentino Rossi "If you cant enjoy riding a bike slowly as well as fast, then you are not a true lover of bikes"

Thank you :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stewart

There are just a many brain dead chimps ride bikes without due care and attention, same as car drivers. As an ex biker Im always on the lookout for bikes undertaking while cutting through slow moving traffic or speeding along roads around me with no idea of spacial awareness or correct road positioning. Sure enough bikes and riders will come off worse in a road accident, which is why they should be so much more aware of the environment around them and not assume that the car driver has seen or can see them as they appear from around a corner or have slipped past another car to get to where they're going that bit quicker!

There are lots of bad car drivers out there, but the majority of bike accidents are the fault of the riders themselves running out of ability and good judgment and I've got the mentally & physically handicapped brother to go with the statistics! He had a bus pull out in front of him on a clear sunny morning on quite a straight road. Unfortunately my brother was travelling at least 30 mph, but was more like 50 mph over the speed limit at the time. He hit the bus at around 30 mph and had the luxury of spending the next 2 years in hospital and having a lifetime of full time care! Had he been doing the speed limit and obeying the laws of the road, he would have been able to stop without any problems......

R

Rich

Dont get me wrong, i am not having a dig at drivers. I am a biker and I almost took a guy off the other day, its just to easy to loose concentration. I also almost got in a fist fight with a guy on a ZX10-R a little while ago because he thought he owned the road. I agree with you, unfortunately 99% of bikers are brain dead chimps (love that saying) that think they are good enough to blast around at over 100mph on roads that are not designed for that even if the bikes are

I dont want to start a bikers are right - drivers are right war. It has been done to death. I just wanted to ask everybody to take a little bit more care. Its to easy to forget how dangerous it is on the roads.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Please look... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hi all i would appreciate opinions on a job that i thought was going to be a nice bathroom to...
2 3
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
J
Hey all, Work just keeps coming in, which is great but would like to sub some out if anyone...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
U
Please please please add your objection to this, for me and all the people of the Northern...
Replies
Views
user123
U
G
As some of you will know I only started my business in January 1st this year. Things are going...
Replies
Views
heavytrevy
H
R
As you know the weather has been really bad But saw a bit of sun and could not resist a ride...
Replies
Views
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.