UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss please rate my tiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

danmasey

This is my latest job. Can i please have some feedback / opinions from the pro's.

p.s i cant work out why it wont rotate the images ?

IMG_1512.jpg IMG_1513.jpg IMG_1516.jpg IMG_1519.jpg IMG_1517.jpg IMG_1518.jpg

Q

Qwerty

Looks good for a beginner or competent DIY'er. There are plenty of worse efforts in the hall of shame..... http://www.tilersforums.com/tilers-forums-arms/17900-tilers-forums-hall-shame.html

If I'm critical I would make the following observations-
1. Lippage on bath panel (already mentioned by others)
2. I would have dropped the tile layout (horizontal) so a full tile did not start off of the bath. This would have also avoided the grout line immediately behind the basin, and evened-up the window better
3. Paid a few quid for a diamond core bit for the 15mm shower mixer feed pipe.
4. I would have made the corner joints smaller (only by 1-2mm). It also looks as if these are grouted and not siliconed (ignore me if not)

Good effort though :thumbsup:

D

danmasey

wow quick response. Its on a house renovation of mine. Yea the tile on the bath panel did slip out a tad. Wish i would of removed now. Iv since purchased the 365 bathroom kit so no more dodgy cuts around the shower feeds. My Chippy cut the architrave but agree the cut could of been better. Also agree with the small cut on the flooring. Should of moved the center line. Learning all the time.

Thanks again.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Regarding the bar mixer postion, I always think it looks better central to the riser rail, anyone else think this? You'll need to turn laptop on its side to veiw pic though!

I agree Bob - mixer central to the taps or bath-end, riser central to the mixer.

Reply to please rate my tiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, We employed a tiler to lay some rectified wood effect planks in a herringbone pattern…...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.