Guest viewing is limited

Discuss polished porcelain floor too slippy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TilingLogistics

Hagesan do an antislip product. It works by coating the surface with a type of clear silicone, It works reasonably well but needs reapplying on a regular basis. Alternatively if the Porcelain is the same colour all the way through and good quality I may be able to alter the surface tension for you but you will lose some of the gloss shine. If you want to improve them then something has to be sacrificed.

I hope this helps

Kev

H

Highlander

Part of my business is antislip treatment and the product we sell does not etch tiles as with majority of anti slip treatment. It also does not alter apperance of tiles.

Antislip is becoming a major concern within the commercial industry and if it carries on like what is happening in the USA we as fixers will be getting involved in the chain of any claims being made against companies. What happens is that architect specs an R rated anti slip tile, tiler fixes tile and grouts and sometimes seals so the R rated tile is now compromised as it has contaminants in it ie grout residue and sealer. Now if someone slips on this floor and is hurt the company that owns the property can ask architect about the supposed anti slip tile, architect shows tile spec and then points the finger at the fixer and believe me this is happening. I have been on sites lately checking if the floors are compliant with BS standards and issuing certificates for tilers so their backs are covered.

Will do a proper explanation once my head is not so minced. LOL

Cheers,

Highlander

Last edited by a moderator:
E

eamonn

cheers for the replies folks,

the house is still a site at the min with dust everywhere so gonna wait til its all cleaned out hopefully thatll help, cos i put these tiles down on another job about a month ago and they turned out fine (ive been back to check) and the tiles for both jobs are from the same supplier and outta the same shipment.

ill let yas know how it turns out,
cheers Eamonn :thumbsup:

Reply to polished porcelain floor too slippy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
polished porcelain floor too slippy
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.