Discuss polished porcelain problems? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Just some info to think about..

BS5384-4 advises that stresses may develop within the tiling system as a result of movements due to such factors as drying and shrinkage and moisture movements in the background and thermal and moisture changes in the tiling.
These stresses, if not properly controlled,can be sufficient to cause loss of adhesion and bulging or cracking of the tiling..

So worth thinking about when finding a cause for de-bonded tiles and cracked L cuts etc... Stress is a major factor on heated screeds..

D

deankyall

LOL.. various forms we could say,, but wet heat systems in the uk built into screeds are getting common now.. so times move on and tiling has to move with it..

which in essence is my point, it hasnt ,even on here the past few nights i hear different ideas and opinions, have the adhesive companies moved on too? in electrical and plumbing trades there is nic and gas safe ,a standard wich must be adhered to, set out by a industry body,in tiling it is a mish mash of different ideas and methods ,so it should be ,"yes with underfloor heating a decoupling mat is always reccommeded "and then there is no difference to pricing between differnt tilers,only on their m2 ,then we all earn more equally too,by the way i think fastflex and topps 2 part adhesive is great stuff ,stick almost anything well,just a basta.. to use.

D

deankyall

also if things have moved on with tiling they should also move on with other trades,screeds, why arent there expansion joints,set in the screed,on most jobs there arent,and i cant see how they work when there is just one on surface,and most customers recoil in horror when you explain the method and look of a shluter joint,the building industry needs really to talk to each other, same as plasterers,mostly useless when it comes to flattening walls nowadays,angle beads round windows always a nightmare

D

DavidJ

Hi
Im just about to put some Topps Tiles - Brussells Porcelain (highly polished) 60cm X 60cm on to my kitchen floor, just have afew questions _
1- do they scracth/loose the high glossed polish easily some sites say polished porcelain tiles loose thier shine/scratch within a couple of days of being laid?
2 - do they need to be sealed -if yes what is best sealer?
3 - Once sealed will this retain the polished surface?
4 -howoften will they need to be resealed?
5 -what is best product to clean tile with?
6 - is their wax on the surface that needs to be removed?
Thanks

David

Reply to polished porcelain problems? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
polished porcelain problems?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.