Discuss Polypipe Overlay Wet Ufh. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Me n Craig went to look at a 160m floor last week, at the moment its around 200mil down from finished height, concrete base..
If possible my customer would like tiling commencing in December which is why a standard 50mil S&C or anhydrite screed is no good..
Anyhow polypipe came out yesterday to spec it.
My customer has told me that their recommendations are as follows..
120 mil kingspan type insulation
60 mil liquid fibre screed
Overlay floating cement boards with wet ufh pipes in then to top it off and for a final layer before tiling..
Wait for it 10 mil WPB screwed into the floating cement boards :(
Rang polyshite today to question the 10 mil ply and after being put through to tech the guy says "yes mate thats fine to tile on" will you guarantee it then as there's £9000 worth of tiles, adhesive and labour going on top of your 10 mil ply and British standards state minimum 15mil " Erm No, we can only recommend"
Would you guarantee it if I put 10mill of fibre leveler over the pipes as Webber spec this? "No guarantees but that would also be recommend"
So final word then...can you put your recommendations in an email then I have something in writing then...10 minutes later this email arrives, with no mention of an 10mil ply I notice, so could this finally put and end to the age old question...just wtf are we spozed to do over wet ufh pipe bar follow the adhesive manufacturers guidelines and just totally ignore what polypie have to say on the matter as they clearly don't know their *** from their elbow
wp_ss_20151111_0003.png

S

Spare Tool

Tbh. best course of action would be 125 mm insulation, 65mm screed and 10mm of tile.
But. This means no tiling for a while. Until dry. If you customer wants it doing properly, that's the only way.
They will gave to wait.

Ps. Polypipe just want to sell their c@@p
Thats the first option we gave him...said we'd be back around March to tile it...he nearly fell over, some folk just won't wait!!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
O

Old Mod

but even 30mm of screed would need 30 days to dry .
Would ditra over the top of a wet screed not trap the moisture ? Is ditra breathable , it is a worry thinking what these companies think up .
What about 'green screed addy' ,is this not a option ?
If u tape and joint Ditra with Kerdi band ( Keba) and use Kerdi Coll adhesive, that's their waterproof addy. Ditra forms a vapour barrier and can be tiled on as soon as u can walk on it without leaving foot marks or as soon as it can be mechanically repaired, I think the term is.
The screed will take longer to dry ultimately but there is less chance of it cracking or curling.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Still not sure where the moisture would go marc.
Below is foil backed insulation, above is plastic barrier, wheres it going ?
You know i like a discussion ;) but you have one half saying its gotta be dry and the other saying , ditra it and away you go
Im serious in saying this, i beleive none of them have the slightest idea how it works in EVERY environment, they test it and wing it ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Polypipe Overlay Wet Ufh. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Newbie here (DIY - small jobs only!) Need to get a pro in to do a floor (35m2 or so...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views
This is about a Victorian conversion property I am buying. I agreed purchase on condition that I...
Replies
Views
M
This is a retro fit ufh which lays on exsisting sub floor ! Becouse it's a refurb and they don't...
Replies
Views
Midlandceramics
M
A
I've just had an extension built and I'm going to be installing wet UFH. The room will be an...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB