Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Wet UFH what screed would you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Donnie Ban

4 years ago my wife and I put down insulation, laid the pipes and did all the heating including the wiring of the manifold and programmable roomstat in each room, with help we DIY mixed 4 to 1 crusher dust or quarry dust with loose glass fibres, bought a cheap electric vibrating poker on ebay, that meant the screed seeped under the pipes as there where no stones. I did 5 rooms individually, 1 lounge 1 bedroom 1 bathroom 1 kitchen 1 u/t and toilet. I then covered each room individually with tarpaulins so the cement would cure instead of dry, left them for the recommended weeks plus an extra week, tiled them, put heating on as recommended and 4 years later as there is not a crack to be seen anywhere. I am only a diyer and never tackled anything like this before, so if you think you can do it give it a go, but make sure you read up on it first

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
4 years ago my wife and I put down insulation, laid the pipes and did all the heating including the wiring of the manifold and programmable roomstat in each room, with help we DIY mixed 4 to 1 crusher dust or quarry dust with loose glass fibres, bought a cheap electric vibrating poker on ebay, that meant the screed seeped under the pipes as there where no stones. I did 5 rooms individually, 1 lounge 1 bedroom 1 bathroom 1 kitchen 1 u/t and toilet. I then covered each room individually with tarpaulins so the cement would cure instead of dry, left them for the recommended weeks plus an extra week, tiled them, put heating on as recommended and 4 years later as there is not a crack to be seen anywhere. I am only a diyer and never tackled anything like this before, so if you think you can do it give it a go, but make sure you read up on it first

As per the precisely copied reply on the other thread.... what a faff. Pumped anhydrite screed for me every time

Reply to Wet UFH what screed would you use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Just looked at a conservatory tiling job. Wet UFH system, set into sand and cement...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wet UFH what screed would you use?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.