Discuss Poor quality tiles, how am i supposed to make these look good? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

Been round to a mates this evening tiling his bathroom floor. I checked the sample for bowing and it was ok but look what i ended up with!

DSC02278 (900x1200).jpg DSC02277 (900x1200).jpg

Not only are they bowed on the surface but on the edges as well, the only thing thats straight and true in the calibration.

And the cost of these little beauties? £68p/mt. What a rip off. Im calling the supplier about them tomorrow as i weant replacements for all the bowed ones, and a bag of addy as that skinned over whilst i was trying to find a flat one.

S

Scott

I have been to see the manager of the shop today and he says he will replace the ones i have but not the ones that have been fixed.

I know this is standard and the box does state check grade, batch and calibre. Now the problem begins, I class the grade as the quality of finish and the calibre as thickness? Anyone else agree with that?

The ones i laid are ok, not great but the bow or deformation is marginal and not noticable. However i have to go through the rest of them and try and find the good and bad and then get some news ones ordered. He did say that the tiles i have were ordered from the manufacturers to get the same batch number and he would therfore have to do the same again. Normal lead time on these is 7-10 days.

So my dilemma is what happens if they dont have the same batch, or the rest of the batch are duff too. The lot will have to come up, but as they are faulty and not fit for purpose should they replace the lot??

Any input welcome

S

Scott

The main problem is bowing is over such a short area, about 40mm from the end of the tile it just goes off, some up and some down.

Anyhow all irrelevant now as the customer has decided that they are to be laid the best way possible so they are down with the exception of a few cuts that ill do tomorrow.

Im not happy with it and i feel all dirty inside now, these people are my best friends and that floor is going to haunt me forever as ill see it so often.

On that morbid note im off for some sleep

Reply to Poor quality tiles, how am i supposed to make these look good? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
We have had a tile tile a bathroom and an ensuite and are not happy with the overall finish of...
Replies
Views
Afternoon everyone, just after a bit of advice on preparing some walls for ceramic, possibly...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all - first post here :). I need expert advice on how to proceed.... I have hired a...
Replies
Views
ReX83
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Poor quality tiles, how am i supposed to make these look good?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.