UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Porcel-Thin Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well on avarage i train 4 to 5 tilers a week .week in week out when a client buys our tile we all ways say if your tiler has not used this format before get them to give us a ring and come in for some training thats how we have sold over 40000 m2 with very few problems we will not sell them to other tile shops now unless at least one sales person from that shop comes in to go through some training on fixing them .there are far to many tile shops selling products they dont understand giving all the wrong info to client and fixer alike .i have lost count of the amout i have had to sort out .with the big names selling thin tiles but leaving the tilers on there own to figure it out .not even returning there calls .well we turn away no one and tilers are welcome any time they need help .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
well on avarage i train 4 to 5 tilers a week .week in week out when a client buys our tile we all ways say if your tiler has not used this format before get them to give us a ring and come in for some training thats how we have sold over 40000 m2 with very few problems we will not sell them to other tile shops now unless at least one sales person from that shop comes in to go through some training on fixing them .there are far to many tile shops selling products they dont understand giving all the wrong info to client and fixer alike .i have lost count of the amout i have had to sort out .with the big names selling thin tiles but leaving the tilers on there own to figure it out .not even returning there calls .well we turn away no one and tilers are welcome any time they need help .
Waffling aside.

Do you sell to tilers or shops?

o_O;)

W

White Room

Customers get the ones I've fitted from Acorn Tiles but doubt wether the guys behind the counter have had any training or not that I know of.

R

I have tried to lay the B&Q porcel thin . disgraceful ,. Misahapen and bowed . Got 2m2 on the wall and took them off . I don't care what any of these reps say , some of us have standards
well what did you exspect from b&q. there tile displays should be in the fruit and veg section bannana any one .

number one b&q have never sold porcel thin tiles
and never will .

R

Fair comment ,they were just ultra thin , shouldn't have used your trade mark
if you want to see were tiling is going you are welcome to pop down to my showroom any time .i will post some pics tomorrow of the replacement for glass splash backs real porcel thin just have to grout tomorrow should take no more than a few tea spoon full of grout to do :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
we sell to over 28 tile shops some are on the site some are not we sell to tilers developers
builders and retail and so on
So any tiler in their own area could offer this as a service and take a sample board (or link to the tilersforums Porcel Thin category in the media album - plug plug)) and flog to the customer and get trade prices etc?

R

So any tiler in their own area could offer this as a service and take a sample board (or link to the tilersforums Porcel Thin category in the media album - plug plug)) and flog to the customer and get trade prices etc?
all real tilers get a trade discount they often pop in and take a full size sample as a set of small samples on a boards .just does not work .its like giving some one a spare tire and asking them to guess what car it came off .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah I suppose their size and thickness is their USP!

I was thinking so the likes of Dave who said there wasn't a shop up his way and others who might be in the same boat, can grab a tile and build a portfolio of jobs they've done, and offer to supply them to the customer etc

R

well here we go porcel thin vs glass well heres some pictures of one i finished today after being stopped all day long by clients coming in some times need the patience of a saint :mad:

Attachments

• DSC08433.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • DSC08437.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • DSC08454.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • DSC08456.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • DSC08485.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
  • DSC08489.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • DSC08492.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
R

its good when clients send me picks of there finished jobs and let me know how happy they are heres some pics a client sent me the other day

Attachments

• IMG_1367.JPG.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1368.JPG.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1369.JPG.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1370.JPG.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1371.JPG.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1372.JPG.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1373.JPG.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 47
R

well you dont get one for a while then anther comes along a client sent some pics to day of there bathroom finished and they love it dont look to bad :tophat:

Attachments

• DSC08500.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
  • DSC08501.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • DSC08502.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • DSC08503.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • DSC08504.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
  • DSC08505.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 77

Reply to Porcel-Thin Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.