Guest viewing is limited

Discuss porcelain floor how much in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

penno

I doubt I would get that down in a day as the UTH is not running over the whole area and the levels aren't great in some places so it will be slower than over a level scread by quite a bit for me at least. Quite a bit of cutting required in some places especially in long Kitchen leading through doorway into utility and also going down seperate corridor into shower room. I reckon more like 7 metres a day on average maybe 10 on the good runs and less around the kitchen. A bit akward as I had already done 3 bathrooms/shower rooms for him at a decent price so I priced floor at £1300. I thought that was very cheap and would normally have went for around £1800.

To knock £550 off your price because you have done work for him before is way too much.
That is almost a third of a discount, far too cheap.

G

grumpygrouter

i think £40 sqm is a bit steep considering there is no mats to supply. i would have charged £25-£28 sqm
It is all to do with supply and demand really. If the man's rep was good enough that he had work booked solid all the time because he was vary good, he could charge that amount of money as he has willng buyers waiting.

If on the other hand he was chasing work by quoting those prices then he would have been too expensive.

Out of interest, my own sqm rate excludes materials.

Grumpy

Reply to porcelain floor how much in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. The room is 10M x 4 M and has a new 50mm liquid screed over wet...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
porcelain floor how much
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.