Discuss Porcelain Floor Tiles 300x300 in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Well allowing urself the extra few hours as u put it still means two days, and if you're supplying mats as well, then it's certainly NOT expensive!
9m2 that's 3 bags of addy, about £45 plus grout, (another £15) leaves you £230 for two days. Cos whether or not it's a few hours it's stil another day isn't it!
What about expenses? D'u have parking to worry about, fuel, is it nearby?
Wouldn't be enough for me.
If you're happy tho Terry, then go for it mate.

So how did you do on that slate job? Honestly now!:D
How long did it really take you?

O

Old Mod

I understand what u mean mate, but don't buy work, it's rearley the right thing to do. Especially with one off private work!
You're gonna have to work on your sales pitch mate. You need to be confident and make them believe in you and your practices.
I'm rarely the cheapest quote but because of the way I sell myself and my skill set, I win 90 percent of my quotes.
I have to, I hate quoting, especially in my time haha
U'll get there, just keep plugging away at it!
Takes time, a long time, but if u work hard U'll be rewarded!
Good luck with this one then!

T

terrycoe1

Yeh 80%the time I get the jobs I want this to be a full time job rather than just weekend jobs just when I loose a job because price it makes me think I'm to expensive but I no what my works worth and my time this particular job is through previous jobs I have done for a conservatory fitter so winning these ones are vital to me as this could potentially be more constant than sporadic and there good jobs to get hold of .thru the week lost a job quoted £380 5m2 wall tiles 2 m2 floor ceramic 300x600 on walls 600x600 porc on floor and rip up of old floor tiles which are poorly layed can rip them up fairly easy that isn't a bad price imo that was inc adhesive only he had the grout etc 2days max to do it done something similar which I based the time scale on

O

Old Mod

So u had two days to rip up and lay new floor, then 5m2 on the walls of 600x600, and supply adhesives and you still lost it at £380?
Was that the same conservatory guy?
Talking of him, so u still have to compete for the conservatories even tho he recommends u?
Or are u pricing direct to him and not the client?

So are u not full time at tiling Terry?
Is this a part time job, d'u have another job?

T

terrycoe1

No job lost was another client it was 2 days in total not a v big area 600x600 on the floor 300x600 on walls no the guy who reccomends me is decent he puts up the conservatories then reccomends me to the client and I've won 100%all jobs of him so far just the one thru the week has been playing on my mind as I really wanted he job! Lol tiling full time but also in the architectural aluminium and plastic window doors shop fronts etc but u want to push more for he tiling and step away from the window industry if that makes sense lol

O

Old Mod

Yeah yeah course it makes sense mate, hey I was an an aircraft electronics engineer before I got into tiling! So I know all about a career change. Slogged my guts out for a couple years evenings and weekends before I even did my first solo job haha
Well all u can do is keep plugging away at it. Try not to let clients know you're actively still in window game. They don't like to think you're earning too much money haha

O

Old Mod

Kool, I'm glad u feel a bit more positive mate, cos it's all about confidence. It'll come through when u speak with potential clients, if u put them at ease and don't come out with phrases like " oh don't worry my love we'll have these slapped down in no time!"
Believe it or not that very phrase won me the contract over the numpty that said it! ......it was worth nearly £9 grand!
Customer is king! Until they're not! Haha

Reply to Porcelain Floor Tiles 300x300 in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
I have a 12'x'12' room on concrete slab. The floor is relatively flat, but using a 8' spirit...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking at moving on to the next project in my house which is kitchen area. This...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB