Discuss Porcelain Floor Tiles 300x300 in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

Just lost a large portion of respect for you after bull ********.

Aww come on! No harm meant. I just want to understand people's reasoning behind pricing.
We're hard-wired to be suspicious or hostile to anyone "different".
I do charge more than most, but I don't think that you can over-price a job.
You can over-charge, sure. I came in for criticism from a customer a few years ago for finishing too fast - like you said - he thought I was taking the mick.
He was happy with the end result though. Lewis Hamilton doesn't get penalised for coming in first!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I agree with you impish. If someone's prepared to pay it, you do a cracking job that they are over the moon with then everyone's a winner. They may just think 'that's a bit steep' and get someone cheaper (good for the cheaper bloke as he gets the work) can't see a problem - we should feel more guilty if we were driving prices down for everyone. This year I decided to up my bathroom refits by 25% as I realised I was selling myself short with the effort I put in and the quality of work I turn out. I've got a feeling I should be upping it again and may do that before the year's out. Not going to feel guilty about it - customer either wants me or doesn't.

S

Stef

I agree with you impish. If someone's prepared to pay it, you do a cracking job that they are over the moon with then everyone's a winner. They may just think 'that's a bit steep' and get someone cheaper (good for the cheaper bloke as he gets the work) can't see a problem - we should feel more guilty if we were driving prices down for everyone. This year I decided to up my bathroom refits by 25% as I realised I was selling myself short with the effort I put in and the quality of work I turn out. I've got a feeling I should be upping it again and may do that before the year's out. Not going to feel guilty about it - customer either wants me or doesn't.
Spot on, my prices went up again as I was on a 6 month waiting list, if they want me they will pay for me.
I'm still at a 3/4month wait & employed another tiler to go do the jobs that I price up slightly cheaper than myself doing them.
Took me years to build up the reputation I have for tiling & customers know that they pay extra for a top quality install that they just won't get in my area..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcelain Floor Tiles 300x300 in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
I have a 12'x'12' room on concrete slab. The floor is relatively flat, but using a 8' spirit...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking at moving on to the next project in my house which is kitchen area. This...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB