Discuss Porcelain Floor Tiles 300x300 in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
H

180 including the adhesive and grout.
Should make 150 out of it for half a days work. .
To be honest, ive tiled a 4m2 floor today, i tiled it by 10, then i had to take plinths and door down to my mrs unit( got a few machines ) cut them down, went back, grouted , put timber back and was finished by 4, i did a few more bits, so i charged a day plus bits, so 8m2 could easiely go into 2 day.
We need to cover outselves

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
="widler, post: 776923, member: 26806"]To be honest, ive tiled a 4m2 floor today, i tiled it by 10, then i had to take plinths and door down to my mrs unit( got a few machines ) cut them down, went back, grouted , put timber back and was finished by 4, i did a few more bits, so i charged a day plus bits, so 8m2 could easiely go into 2 day.
We need to cover outselves

Its a conservatoy floor. ... they tend to be a piece of cake to tile......
And I dont do plinths or doors...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just charged £730 for 10sqm of 600x150 ceramic planks inc' materials. Concrete orangery floor.
Does that make me a bad man?! (day and a half, could have squeezed into one but I don't rush)

(Nice text afterwards saying they were really pleased too)
Bad to the bone!!! £100 mats on that so you made £630!! Damn son , if you can get that then nicely done, don't think I would have got to £630 with mats myself!

H

hmtiling

I just charged £730 for 10sqm of 600x150 ceramic planks inc' materials. Concrete orangery floor.
Does that make me a bad man?! (day and a half, could have squeezed into one but I don't rush)

(Nice text afterwards saying they were really pleased too)
£60 odd per m2! and needing nothing bigger than a 700 cutter. In lancashire? Bad boy!

O

One Day

How did you come to that figure?
If you also knew what i charged to supply and install the ufh you'd really not like me. Basically, I get all of my work through referral and recommendation so if i think i can charge a decent rate then i do. I deliver what i promise, they're happy and i get paid. If we all charged more and delivered what we should, we'd all be better off. Where it goes wrong is when decent tilers are having to compete with idiots.

If you also knew what i charged to supply and install the ufh you'd really not like me. Basically, I get all of my work through referral and recommendation so if i think i can charge a decent rate then i do. I deliver what i promise, they're happy and i get paid. If we all charged more and delivered what we should, we'd all be better off. Where it goes wrong is when decent tilers are having to compete with idiots.
Amen to this brother , A bloody men!

F

Flintstone

I agree, there is always some one willing to do the job on the cheap and that's always tempting for customers but I wouldnt over charge like that unless I didn't want the job. Were they apparently wealthy? Working for builders and other outfits are what drives prices down

O

One Day

I agree, there is always some one willing to do the job on the cheap and that's always tempting for customers but I wouldnt over charge like that unless I didn't want the job. Were they apparently wealthy? Working for builders and other outfits are what drives prices down

Why is it over-charging? Serious question, I'm not meaning to be flippant!

(I did want the job but I also have the luxury of not having to worry about where my next job is coming from)

O

One Day

I just think it's a really high price for what sounds like a basic job. If some one came to your house to wire some lights in or something and quotes you £500 and they did it in a day and only used a few wires, you'd be pissed.

Not necessarily. If i had bad experiences of other sparkies and if this one came on time, did the work cleanly, efficiently, safely and with respect for my home I'd be pretty pleased with a good job, done well.
Price is subjective and not always relative.
Goods and services are only worth what someone is prepared to pay.
All my quotes are clear and upfront. I never whack things on at the end.

Reply to Porcelain Floor Tiles 300x300 in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
I have a 12'x'12' room on concrete slab. The floor is relatively flat, but using a 8' spirit...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking at moving on to the next project in my house which is kitchen area. This...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB