Discuss Porcelanosa/Butech Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Does anyone use this grout on a regular basis? I had a bad experience with it a couple of years ago (shrinking and setting in minutes) so haven't gone near it since, until now. The job I am on currently is all porcelanosa gear, addy/tiles/grout/silicone the lot (all supplied by client), and the grout has improved slightly but no matter what I do with it, it will not set a consistent colour and looks awful. I've done everything by the book, mixed with correct amount of water, paddle mixed on slow speed then mixed again after 3 mins, applied and washed off in the suggested time frame, not over wet it when washing off etc etc etc :mad2: All joints were clean, correct adhesive colours were used, basically I have covered all bases and still have grout that looks horrendous and is going to have to be recoloured. I have never had these issues with BAL, Mapei or Weber grouts and I've not changed my grouting or washing off techniques, so please someone shed some light as this is stressing me out to the max. Cheers all Bri

I

Ian

Hi Brian we do a lot of showroom refits for porcelanosa,they supply all the materials and we have never had a problem with the grout,but we do only mix it by hand which colour are you using

So far I've used the black, white, grey and ivory (negro, blanco, gris, marfil) and the thing is that I've used the black and white with no issues, it's just the other 2, this is how I'm so sure that i'm doing everything right, if I wasn't then surely it would be an issue with all four????

I

Ian

Hi Bri, I looked at a job a couple of months back, were the customer wasn't happy with the grout colour (not tiled by me) he was suing the tiler. He wanted the whole job ripped out and starting from scratch ( two bathrooms) Butech grout had been used, one room black, the other beige. Very patchy, the rep had told him the grout had been mixed wrong. Good luck:thumbsup:

They won't be pinning that one on me Phil, Porcelanosa reps are notorious for passing the blame onto the tiler! This is not the first issue I've had with them and their products. It's a shame really because the tiles are lovely to work with and I'm a big fan of the addy, its just all the sundries and the shocking after sales service that lets them down. (By the way I'm not ranting at you just the situation!!!!!!)

K

kaharrison9

I've used the Butech white once before and it appeared to mix up murky looking.
Didnt trust it so used a new grout bucket,paddle and remixed.
Still looked dirty but gave it a go.
Gradually it started drying out white and was okish but will not use again.
Won't risk 4 days work and nerves with it to be possibly ruined by grout.
The only time i use Bal is there white microban grout,it mixes up as white as can be when applied and so there's no waiting for the grout to dry out and hoping it comes consistantly white

I

Ian

i used there antracite in a hotel in cumbernauld and it did the same was all patchy ended up having to scrape it all out and use mapei so bad experience here to

I'm glad it's not just me then, the stuff is absolute garbage, I think I've just added Porcelanosa to my 'avoid' list :lol: I'm trying to look on the bright side but it's so frustrating as I've been super careful to follow the instruction because of previous bad experiences, fortunately my client is backing me 100% as he knows a fair bit about the trade and even watched me grout some of the walls.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcelanosa/Butech Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Last week I had grouted a bathroom floor of 100x100 porcelain mosaics using Kerakoll...
Replies
Views
Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Porcelanosa/Butech Grout
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.