Discuss Porcelanosa Imperband in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Went back to rip up some tiles we laid almost 2 years ago, Jerusalem limestone.
I told the builder at the time that we should use Ditra or similar but they wouldn't listen.
The floor was a shocker & it took a serious amount of slc to get it anywhere near flat.
I've ripped it up back to the base & they want me to fit Porcelanosa Imperband,
Do you think I would be better fitting the Imperband first then slc or slc then Imperband?

S

Stef

found the other one I was thinking of - Lamitech which is a decoupler Butech

I'm going to have to check in the morning as I'm not sure what they have.
They told me it was Imperband.
I never even noticed what was written on the roll, I was too busy ripping tiles up.
I wasn't sure whether to slc first or not, the floor in places is near 35mm & at the shallowest 15mm so could be tight with Ditra, stone is 10mm.
I wish some builders would listen to advice.

S

Stef

Well turned up at job today & it's Imperband.
Made a call & was told "don't use it" & " I don't think the cracks will open up any more".
It's just settlement..
e8u6a2e4.jpg
su8epana.jpg

Told them they have to decouple this now but no they just want it repaired.
I will give it 3 months max & I will be back..
Told you they wouldn't listen CR..

S

Stef

Bloody idiots then.

My guess that when it happens again they will blame the building and that it's out of their hands. Why not just sort it out now???:mad2::mad2::mad2:

At the very least i'd try some resin stitching, £30 and a couple of hours. I certainly would be putting the tiles straight back on that. Just how strong do they think limestone is??

It's magic limestone!!!

It's a shame as the floor was beautiful when we had finished, 600x400s, not a small tile,
I've had to take up 38!!

I couldn't believe what he was telling me on the Phone.
Corners have already been cut & that's why I'm back because they wouldn't listen to start with.
It will certainly keep me in work for the next few years.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcelanosa Imperband in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
R
First post on this forum and unfortunately its not under good circumstances. We have built...
Replies
Views
Reggiethethird
R
Q
    • Winner
    • Informative
So I was recently asked to fit some 3m x 1.5m 6mm thin porcelain in a new tile showroom. Mapei &...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
I can't be the only to start a job and get stung with the amount of work in it. Typical...
Replies
Views
L
Hello all, I wanted to start a thread about some of the ridiculous jobs that we some times are...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB