Discuss porcelanosa in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

First thing to understand about Porcelanosa is that they have 2 very different sides of the business. Retail and contract and never should the 2 sides cross!

The retail staff are comissioned based and as such won't waste any time on a sale if they think it will go through the contract/trade side. So for god sake don't mention to anybody that you sent your customers in alone to have a look around. If you do, then pretty much 100% they won't let you open a contract account for that sale and it would be forced to go through the retail side so the staff can get their comission.

You're best off asking to speak to one of the contract reps that works out of your nearest branch and take it from there.

Discount wise, it is true like Gary says that sometimes they do some very good sale periods to the public that can be very close to contract prices and sometimes even beat them, but if you have a good rep they should always look after you on the odd occasion that does happen.

But like I said, don't send you customers in there unattended, either go with them or arrange for them to see your rep who can also look after them.

S

Stef

I'm certain Porcelanosa still have their 40% discount sale still on.
Customers of mine were up on Sunday & picked these up.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416951797.705509.jpg
I've got a trade account but very rarely use it, think it's 25%.

S

Stef

They do have nice stuff Stef do you use a lot of their tiles ?

Hadn't used them for a while but started 14 flats, all Porcelanosa & finished an 80m floor in 600x600s last week.
Still to start & finish a 50m wetroom in same house with 900s.

I still like fitting Porcelanosa tiles as they are almost always bang on for size, although some of their big ceramics have been bowed at times.

C

Colour Republic

I'm certain Porcelanosa still have their 40% discount sale still on.

I've got a trade account but very rarely use it, think it's 25%.

See this is why i'm surprised hardly any of you guys get involved in supply.

Most of you have the opportunity to supply 10, 20, 30 times the amount of tiles I do as maybe only maybe 20% of our work includes tiles. Yet my discount with Porcelanosa is 40% on most of the range, up to 48% on a select range and a few odd lines which are specials, it can be as low as 25%

And when they have their 40% sales on my rep will make sure I can always get it cheaper if my standard discount matches it or is lower.

If I can get those discounts, most of you should be in a position to get better or at least the same.

On the average bathroom I can make £2-350 on the supply before we've even stepped on site, if it's a large floor or a few bathrooms it can be £1K+ very easily and that's even after i've discounted them to the customer so it's cheaper than if they bought through the showroom.

I understand some of you want to keep well below the VAT threshold so you don't have to charge VAT on your labour. But if you getting close to it, or already vat registered. Supply the damn tiles and make some extra:mad2:

Customers of mine were up on Sunday & picked these up.
View attachment 60131

That cut-out surely means something is going up against it... If that's a bathroom then I pity the poor sod who has to silcone round it:yikes: I hope that's not you Stef

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to porcelanosa in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a homeowner living in the Metro Vancouver area in British Columbia. I am currently...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB