Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Porcelein Scoring wheel for Rubi TX700 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Don't apply too much pressure either. In the training centre we found those who managed to score the tile fully with the least pressure had the neatest cut.

On ceramics you'd often not even see the score unless you held it up to the light.

One quick smooth score with enough pressure to simply create a small score that's even and neat should be all you need.

N

nick.v.g

gotta agree with Dave, light pressure is the thing you should just hear a light hiss as you go over the tile, and for smooth porc I always use 6 or 8mm wheels they cut sweeter. my only gripe is that for the last couple of years my ruby wheels only seem to last a month or so of daily use before the pin starts to loosen in the shaft then its just a matter of time before the wheel and pin drop out and I've got my nose to the ground brushing through the dust and debris looking for the dam thing because my spares are in my other cutter at home 70 km away. This once happened within 3 days of purchase, my supplier was going to get the rubi sales rep to contact me last year, I'm still waiting, any one else had experience of this your way or is it just what they are sending us in Holland. Nick

Reply to Porcelein Scoring wheel for Rubi TX700 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning everyone. I've decided to come off the tools for the foreseeable future and take some...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff. I...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a nice manual cutter from rubi. I'm set on a rubi as their parts are easy to get...
Replies
Views
Hi All, hope you're all busy and well. Quick query: setting a floor with Porcelanosa 660 x 440...
Replies
Views
Italy
I

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Porcelein Scoring wheel for Rubi TX700
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.