UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Ppi

Discuss Ppi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Funny you should mention this mate, I'm just about to start mine. I want someone to do it all for me as I really don't have the time to do it all myself. I spoke to a friend of mine who works for a big debt reduction company and he advised me to use these people Stake Your Claim - Home apparently they take the lowest cut (if you're owed anything) and have been given some good feedback in financial circles. So I'm going to give them a go.

J

Jackie0802

If the terms of the PPI state that you cannot claim if you were self employed (which many of them do) and they were, or should have been aware that you were, then it was wrongly sold. One of the biggest 'scams' for this type of thing went like this: The people selling the policies worked on a commision basis, so it was in their interest to sell you a policy. What happened (and still does happen in the insurance world) is that a lot of policies are sold via the phone. So they ask the questions record the answers that you give by ticking the boxes. However, they know the questioins that are likely to either render you ineligable or push the costs up. So a lot of these telesales people, with their commission in mind, would simply not ask the question but just tick the box that suited them regardless of the accuracy. This worked fine as long as the policy holder never had to make a claim on the policy, only then did it come to light. So for example, you are wanting car insurance. We all know that things like fines, drink driving, certain occupations will push the price up. If you have a conviction most people will admit to that if they are asked, if they are not asked they won't always volunteer the information because we all want a to pay as little as possible right? If you go for the whole year without making a claim everyone is happy, phone boy got his commission and you got a cheaper policy then you expected. The insurance company themselves only look at your record/history if you make a claim. It's historically a big problem in the insurance world, they employ people just to randomly listen in to these calls to make sure the full list of questions are being asked, but it still goes on nevertheless.

D

Dougs Third Go

I've been thinking of claiming mine back as it was deffo mis-sold to me. I think I'll be doing it myself though. I get lots of phone calls from PPI companies and sometimes I'll let them go through their spiel and then ask them if they pay attention to detail, obviously all say "yes" to which I reply "Well you started by getting my name wrong for a start,,,it's boardley not broadley" then I sack them off.

B

bugs183

EVERYONE TAKE NOTE!!!!!

I applied to a PPI company to reclaim an large amount of money that i'd payed out for PPI.
The credit card people paid this company direct, not to me. I was not paid by said company and now they've gone bust, leaving me £1000's of pounds down!!!! It's all in the hands of the administrators, and because i signed on the dotted line it's tough titty on me basically.
If you sign for anything make sure YOU receive the money, not the guys representing you.
My parents and my sister have both received payouts, so they do work, but you have to be careful.

Reply to Ppi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
What would you guys do with the walls to prep for fitting 1200mm x 600mm Onice Verde (Porcelain)...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
Where to get a Tiling NVQ Hi,I did the 4wk course in Warrington back in Sept, being a plasterer...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.