Discuss Prepare Lath And Plastered Walls For Tiling / Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Is there a bit of a void though? I can imagine water just rushing down the back and never really having time to soak in. I can see how it might be possible on a ceiling (from above it) but can't see the wall being too safe for it. If it runs to electrics somewhere that could be risky.

Might be worth checking this out with the plasterers on plasterersforum.com maybe. See how they'd rescue this old stuff.

Personally I'd rip it out.
the choice here was how can i do this job without ripping it out .there was no over option
the plaster now is like a sponge x 5 i forget that common sence is not common .you are going to make sure that the pipe going in is not 100mm away from the inside of the wall

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
So were full circle then...back to where we started, that's an hour of my life I won't get back...cheers Craig, fancy prepping a bathroom for me ;)
Ive just had a twxt

Craig, Can u tile 2 bathrooms fully ,floor and walls next week and a ensuite, we moving in end of week so need it done by saturday .

Me
"Yes of course , i wil drop everything , stick harry potters wand up my *** and do it all in 5 days "
So no, prep it yourself :)

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Ive just had a twxt

Craig, Can u tile 2 bathrooms fully ,floor and walls next week and a ensuite, we moving in end of week so need it done by saturday .

Me
"Yes of course , i wil drop everything , stick harry potters wand up my *** and do it all in 5 days "
So no, prep it yourself :)
hope you have cleaned that wand from last time :eek: i normally tell them i have been sitting here waiting for you to call but i am on hoilday now for 8 weeks as i have made so much money while i was waiting for your call:p

J

Just Rizzle

Had an enquiry for a bathroom doing, its half tiled at the moment onto plaster and lats, bath out and shower going in and will be tiled to cieling. The lady is adamant she cant stand the thought of the mess of ripping the lot out down to the brickwork and dot n dabbing. Cleanest plan I can come up with is remove tiles and leave the plasterd walls as they are then find the studs holding the lats and secure moisture board screwing into studs..sound feasible or any better suggestions?
to be honest some times tiling is not the answer.
we did 3 bathrooms last week were removed the baths in a sheltered accommodation appartments put in 750x1700 shower trays and used wet wall moisture resistant panels instead of tiles we did a complete rip out and fit in a day and a half, it worked out more profitable than tiling. and we have another 2 to do next week

S

Spare Tool

to be honest some times tiling is not the answer.
we did 3 bathrooms last week were removed the baths in a sheltered accommodation appartments put in 750x1700 shower trays and used wet wall moisture resistant panels instead of tiles we did a complete rip out and fit in a day and a half, it worked out more profitable than tiling. and we have another 2 to do next week
Yeah but Ray the same issues apply, what am I going to attach them to, the plasters hanging by a thread..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Prepare Lath And Plastered Walls For Tiling / Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just about to embark on an extension and the first job is to move the bathroom into what...
Replies
Views
I need help on what prep I need to do. I have read on the forums here and I seem to be going...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm about to tile over an old but good condition lath and plaster wall over a bath. I'm...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB