Discuss price check in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dick turpin

Hello all, I have been given a job local to me, half a mile away, there are 3 areas kitchen lobby and utility, 35 m2 all in. customer is supplying ads and grout so labour only. all tile size 600*300* or 300*300* customer not sure yet, all on fresh screed nice and flat and rooms will be empty. i was thinking £25 m2 which comes out @ 875. i was thinking 2 to 3 days. bearing in mind i havnt tiled for a few yrs, would i be better of doing 3 days @ 150 to get the job. still good money. any thoughts pls

Cheers

Dick

T

Time's Ran Out

If you haven't done a lot of tiling lately you may find the 35sq mts take longer than you've allocated!
With preparation/setting out/cuts and finishing off you may find you will be into 3/4 days.
The rate you quoted is no doubt an expected return for a professional tiler with a few years experience, overheads and tax commitments, so if you are building up a portfolio or this is not your full time occupation, then I'd suggest a rate that you'd be happy with for the number of days you think it will take.
At the end of the day both parties have to be happy with the outcome.
Good luck and enjoy!

Reply to price check in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
hats67 - Yesterday at 11:48 PM Add bookmark #1 Hello guys. I came upon and registered with...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
price check
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.