UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Price help for screeding in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

marktiling

Hi
I have a large job to quote for and sort out most of it but stuck with the screed price -
I am laying insulating boards, UFH mats and then needs to lay self leveling latex screed to cover 67 sqm.
Stuck here - I can work out cost of the materials but a bit stuck on the labour charge.
Want the job !
I called screeding company and they said £1600 - £1800 inc materials.
:yikes:

Any ideas welcome !
thanks
Mark

A

Aston

fine mate ;0)

you'll do 67 m2 in no time at all mate!!

read and measure to the manufacturers instructions
get a labourer in to mix, while you pour , spread and level..i would use a spiked roller over the matting to eliminate any air pockets.
dont mess about with it too much neither ;0)

£1800-00p!!!!!! dear me, you could buy the matts, pay the labourer and buy yourself a refina mega mixer for that price mate, that screeding company where a rip off!!! you'll have it done before dinner time and make a nice wage too!!

M

marktiling

At the risk of driving everyone mad this is my quote -

To supply and fix (adhesive) insulation boards to all floor areas 67 sqm
(Including discount) £1,316.00
(Materials £1,130.00)

To supply and fit 43 square metres Thermonet under floor heating mats
(Including discount - excluding electrical connection) £1,756.00
Materials £1,606.00)

Wall thermostats 7 day programmable touch screen units – 2 required
(£109.15 each including discount) £218.00

To supply and screed 67 square metres with latex self levelling screed
(Including discount) £720.00

To lay 67 square metres of large format porcelain floor tiling.
Including the flexible adhesive, grout, trim and silicone £1,963.00

Just wondered if you think this is OK ?
I am only converting about 50% of my quotes so want to see if you think I am completely unreasonable .
Thanks
Mark

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Price help for screeding in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.