Discuss Pricing Method in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Smudger

Just started pricing jobs again, saw 3 today. I intend to price based on how long I think the job should take (not neccesarily how long it will take me!) and use a day rate. I'm in the SW and wondering what is the current going rate. I'm guessing somewhere between 150-200 as a ballpark figure. I may go lower for a couple of jobs to get an up to date portfolio and a few testimonials for the website, but I don't want to massively undercut other fixers either (plus I've got overheads). I live in SW (wilts/somerset).

S

Stewart

Sounds about right for starters Smudger, but it does depend on the quality of service and the finished product, that your customer is going to receive. I get a lot of stick from some of the local tiler's in my area about the higher prices I charge, but I'm booked up past christmas and they're not........ Service, quality and prices go hand in hand. If you're on top of your game with the fist two, the top end prices soon follow.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
Just started pricing jobs again, saw 3 today. I intend to price based on how long I think the job should take (not neccesarily how long it will take me!) and use a day rate. I'm in the SW and wondering what is the current going rate. I'm guessing somewhere between 150-200 as a ballpark figure. I may go lower for a couple of jobs to get an up to date portfolio and a few testimonials for the website, but I don't want to massively undercut other fixers either (plus I've got overheads). I live in SW (wilts/somerset).
thats about right any lower u might aswell be cards in............!

S

Smudger

Thanks for that. My quality and service will be and is A1+, from my background I understand how important recommendations are, however, that does means that I'll price, say, for 2 days (as that's what it should take) but it may take me 2 1/2 as it takes me a little longer to get it spot on. This will effectively reduce my actual earnings until my speed picks up, but I won't compromise on Q & S. Another question, if I may, do you add VAT onto your labour as well as materials. I assume you do, but it's pushing up my quotes. I don't want to get hammered by the dreaded vatman!

Reply to Pricing Method in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, been a keen reader of the forum for a few weeks now. Getting ready for a DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone I've done several trades across construction, and the thing I struggle most with is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am due to tile our Kitchen floor at the weekend, we went all out for the Black Star light...
Replies
Views
T14086
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Pricing Method
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.