Discuss Primer in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Terry the tiler

I use weber PR360for all my tiling and I've even used it when I've done my plastering at home it stops suction far better than pva

I too am a plasterer and tiler.
I have always used pva to prime for plastering does tile primer really work better? I'd be interested to know. Pva on an unpainted scraped artex ceiling can often just skin up where as a primer/sbr May soak in and hold better?

W

White Room

I too am a plasterer and tiler.
I have always used pva to prime for plastering does tile primer really work better? I'd be interested to know. Pva on an unpainted scraped artex ceiling can often just skin up where as a primer/sbr May soak in and hold better?

If I plaster on a scraped artex ceiling I use a 3-1 pva so it soaks in, then use another coat when the first one is dry.

from a supply POV, i dont like cross from supplier to supplier, it goes on i know, i remember years ago, we sold 4 different adhesives, came to a head once when there was a failure, but because fixer had used this from them, that from them we couldn't agree who or what was at fault. to simplify, we now try and supply whatever primer the fixer is taking with adhesive to match.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Primer in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
PVA V PRIMERS – WHy you should never use PVA Glue when Wall Tiling Don’t listen to that idiot...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB