Discuss Priorities in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

could you pm me your earnings @JulianSidney just as a comparison?

lol-045.gif
bless!

Or........... Divide your average weekly earnings by 5 and times by 7 :D

One of the benefits of being self employed is the choice of job and number of days to work. It can also be a drawback as you are always thinking of work - 7 days a week! The earning potential in this trade is limited by only your skill, your desire, and ultimately the number of hours available. It's the old adage 'you get out what you put in' so more power to that man from Essex!

Lovely post this, thankyou

Why would that involve courage? Everyone knows what the prime minister earns? Never understood why it's taboo to ask or talk about.
If someone asked me to private message how much I charge a m2 , how many days a week I work and how much I earn , I would be only to happy to offer it up if it helps them in moving forward or aspiring to better themselves . Julian is a top trader as are others on here, it was asked purely to see if I could better my business.

O

Old Mod

The only true way to better your business is to Improve your service, and
increasing your hours doesn't mean your bettering your business, just means you're doing more hours!
The reason Julian is a top trader is because of the service he's able to provide.
What should be the inspiration to you or anyone, is knowing that with hard work and dedication to your chosen Proffesion, you can provide a near faultless service.
This in turn will improve your business.
Knowing how much someone else earns is not going to do that for you.
It's not necessarily a taboo subject, but it can lead to all kinds of Proffesional jealousy, which tbh is the bit that is distasteful.

And we know how much the Prime Ministrr earns cos we bloody well pay them!

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Steve Wright earns £440,00 per year on Radio 2 for being one of the most patronising, same record playing annoying dullards every to grace the airwaves, that's more than the PMs salary.

I've worked more or less every day this year, sat mornings and sunday afternoons. May have had 3 or 4 days off to do paperwork.

Doing nothing this morning apart from watching amazon prime but feel lazy and guilty. Guess that makes me a workaholic.

I can see how my question could seem distasteful to some, probably worded wrong.Knowing how much someone earns in the same profession as you, if it's more, will make you ask questions about why that is, what they are doing differently , are they just working longer hours, more expensive. I think that's where I was coming from. Apologies if it came across crass

I

Italy

the accounts, they do, at the end of year.
I do not understand, why you're amazed at the work of Julian.
I worked two years, every day. excluded, Christmas, Easter and Sunday afternoon, I made a commitment and I finished.
what I gained in more?
I bought a half apartment. ahahaha (good result).
only thing that amazes me julian, who at 50 years old and still have the strength to work 7 days.
I, if I do not stop, Sunday,burst. ahahah
ps. bravo @JulianSidney ;)

J

J Sid

I do every Saturday morning on top of the full 5 days. I used to do more but this is what suits me at the mo. The extra money from the Saturday pays for a meal or whatever and i can save a bit more for the ridiculous amount of work that needs doing at my house :(
done mine up, no a cheap project, but worth it.
next project is a bungalow in back garden, more money :(

Reply to Priorities in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB