Discuss Problem concrete and chipboard substrates in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rolandk

Hi,
I've taken up the existing floor tiles ready to re do the kitchen floor. Good news is they came up really easy complete with adhesive and a few mm of the very dry concrete substrate too! The concrete is very rough and uneven in places and seems to be the original slab with no screed or SLC. I was going to put electric UFH direct on the concrete using a thermal primer first. Now having a re think and might use 6mm Marmox boards to get a better surface for UFH and tiles although this gives me a bit of a floor level problem but might have to live with that. Just worried that the Marmox might not bond Ok to the concrete so what would you advise please? Also part of the floor will now be tiled onto green chipboard (A no no I guess?) so I guess the Marmox over this would be better too? Will the Marmox stick to the green chipboard or can I screw it down?

Thanks in advance,
Roland

Reply to Problem concrete and chipboard substrates in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Problem concrete and chipboard substrates
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.