Discuss Problem with Rubi - is it cutter or blade? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

Ziggy

TF
France
Hi
I just bought a Rubi DU-200-L-BL tile cutter with a standard blade and also bought a Rubi CPC 200 blade with it to cut travertine. The standard blade works fine but when I fitted the CPC 200 it wedges against the guard and won't turn. I took the blade out and measured it and it is 204mm not 200. I phoned Rubi and they said it should be 200 so I sent the blade back to the supplier for a refund. However when I looked online to buy another one I noticed that some are listed as 200mm/8 inch blades. 8 inch is 204mm and it is that extra 4mm that is a problem. So questions is, is it my cutter that is the problem? I wonder if a Marcrist blade is a better idea are Marcrist blades exactly 200 mm or 204mm. Surely Rubi blades should fit Rubi machines though!! Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi
I just bought a Rubi DU-200-L-BL tile cutter with a standard blade and also bought a Rubi CPC 200 blade with it to cut travertine. The standard blade works fine but when I fitted the CPC 200 it wedges against the guard and won't turn. I took the blade out and measured it and it is 204mm not 200. I phoned Rubi and they said it should be 200 so I sent the blade back to the supplier for a refund. However when I looked online to buy another one I noticed that some are listed as 200mm/8 inch blades. 8 inch is 204mm and it is that extra 4mm that is a problem. So questions is, is it my cutter that is the problem? I wonder if a Marcrist blade is a better idea are Marcrist blades exactly 200 mm or 204mm. Surely Rubi blades should fit Rubi machines though!! Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

You just need a blade that's 200mm then?

Pleased to hear the Rubi customer service was decent, unlike a post above suggests?!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Did I miss something Dan!?! Where does that say Rubi's customer service was decent!?! Even my local tile shop, who stock lots of Rubi products, admit that Rubi's customer service is bad.

I was referring to this.

I phoned Rubi and they said it should be 200 so I sent the blade back to the supplier for a refund.

Sounds decent enough to me.

If I bought off ************** anything Rubi, and had an issue, I'd call **************. If ************** want to contact Rubi that's fine but my 'contract' is with the supplier of the product. Dave Neave's customer service is second to non.

Though I do have to say that Rubi's customer service I've found pretty alright. Their office is really small so you tend to get to the same person every time when you need to. I find huge manufacturers a massive problem as you have to explain time and time again. (Not in the tile cutter world mind but that was an example).

The guy needs a 200mm blade, that's all. He's clocked his issue himself. It's the Metric v Imperial problem that we see sooooo often with tile trims, tiles, etc etc etc. It's not a problem big enough to whack his cutter on eBay and make a big loss IMO.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
But Rubi's own 200mm blade doesn't fit in his cutter, as it's 204mm!?!
It sounds like you've had more joy with Rubi than I have. My ND180BL went back with a whole list of complaints, from screws made of butter, to getting electric shocks (whether static, or current I don't know) off the RUSTY "stainless steel" bed. All I got back was there's nothing wrong with it... "We've tightened some cables though...".
To my mind, that's pretty poor customer service!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Problem with Rubi - is it cutter or blade? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Hi Has anyone got or used the Rubi du 200 evo 650 electric Cutter, I was thinking of...
Replies
Views
O
Hello everybodies! I've decided to sell my wet cutter. Rubi's beast of a machine, The DX 350...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
G
cutting 300x600 porcelein tiles in bathroom. i need the cuts better to meet the metal edge trim...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

France

Thread Information

Title
Problem with Rubi - is it cutter or blade?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond