UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Professional tiling job - take a look at this please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Hi David

Is the bathroom 'finished' now?

Don't pay anymore money, if I produced work like that I wouldn't even ask for payment, if anything I'd hold my hands up, admit I was out of my depth and pay to get it sorted to keep my reputation which is more important than a few hundred quid.

Has the plumber payed the tiler?

Who won't answer your letters plumber or tiler?

J

jay

Thank you all very much. The tiler has told me that he's been tiling for 20 years and never had a complaint. What can I say. When I first saw the job I checked some leftover tiles and they were fine. I even took them to the shop who checked them over and showed me how to look for an untrue tile.

All I want is an honest job for an honest wage. I've seen DIYers do really good jobs because they try hard and they care. The tiler told me a while back that he had had enough of tiling and was bored with it - and it shows in his work. The saddest thing for me is that this is a high end bathroom - Duravit toilet, Alape basin, Schenider bathroom cabinet - and it's all been ruined by a tiler who didn't care.

how do the tile shops check for tile quality just out of interest

D

Daz

I was asked to rectify a job 18 months ago (the pics went into the Hall of shame thread). The tiler was from the Borehamwood area and, allegedly, had 20 years experience AND he was supplied by the plumber - Surely we can't be talking about the same fella, I wish I knew his name :incazzato:.

It's not fair to comment about the job you have received from just a few pics but if the substrates needed further preparation or the tiles were less than perfect then he should have flagged the problems prior to proceeding with the work.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Has anyone got a link to this hall of shame thread?

I'm a plumber and as I say I do everything in a bathroom, including plastering.

Without sounding like I'm blowing my trumpetI do a fantastic smooth job of it, I went on a quick course a few years ago and they teach you you to mix, application, preperation etc and its up to you to go off and develop the skill required to do it properly. This takes years to perfect.

I even get people ringing up wanting solo plastering work done after they've been in one of my bathrooms.

C

ChrisKemp

Horrible, just horrible - really bad, even by low standards where there are more than a few dodgy tilers around - and should be redone at the plumbers expense, just really unfortunate that he has been paid.

If the substrate was seriously uneven or in poor condition, he should have picked up on this when laying out the job and flagged the issue as a job stopper, ditto for any batch of bowed tiles.

Just can't believe any one with twenty years experience would deliver a finish as poor as this.

D

DHTiling

Has anyone got a link to this hall of shame thread?

I'm a plumber and as I say I do everything in a bathroom, including plastering.

Without sounding like I'm blowing my trumpetI do a fantastic smooth job of it, I went on a quick course a few years ago and they teach you you to mix, application, preperation etc and its up to you to go off and develop the skill required to do it properly. This takes years to perfect.

I even get people ringing up wanting solo plastering work done after they've been in one of my bathrooms.

Help Me Where's the door to the Tilers Forums Arms? - tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum

Reply to Professional tiling job - take a look at this please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.