UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Professional tiling job - take a look at this please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

things to consider

were the walls flat

were the tiles flat (dont think so)

did the tiler mention that the tiles were bad (dont know)

was the tiler under pressure to get it completed on time (dont know)

was the tiler needing work cause he hasn't worked for a while (dont know)

all things to consider that haven't been answered (still no excuse but if you need to work to feed family ) personally i would of rejected tiles but different circumstances

all things to think about but we dont know the answers to

C

Colour Republic

just seen this. not saying the tiler was all good but take alook at the firstbhtree pictures. tiles eem flush for 75% of length and then kick out. if tile bowed as can happen cannot blame him for that . fourth shot showing v joint
could be tile being out of square but that would have to be way out based on depth.

I don't think it is running flush for 3/4. I think the tile is set back (look at the grout line closely) It's the downlighters highlighting only one side and creating a shadow which makes the otherside seem flush.

18165d1285935013-professional-tiling-job-take-look-please-p1010408.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mike Mike

I know :lol:, but sadly son broke leg this afternoon for real :yikes: in 3 places and some how dislokated joint or something like that. so i'm little stressed

I'm sorry hear that man, that's terrible! Seriously, I hope the operation goes well.

But it does beg the question. Why are you on Tilers' Forum tonight instead of sitting by his bedside at the hospital???

Is it because you cannot risk missing out on the official launch of Mitre Wizz, which could be today, or tomorrow, or next week or never.... :lol:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I think that's a bit of a personal question to be answering on a public forum.

It must of been a price he/she felt was resonable in the first place on the provision the work was up to standard. I thihnk the critical thing now is getting the tiling sorted at no extra cost to yourself.
Get a couple of quotes to re-do the work by professional and recommended tilers. Then put them to the installer you had originally. I'd go along the lines of "put the job right at your cost or write me a cheque for £*** so i can get a professional in to do it"

Good luck. Be interesting to see the result once sorted, post some pics and keep us updated.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Professional tiling job - take a look at this please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.