Discuss Project Sigma 9P in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Always liked the idea of restoration of vehicles and dabbled a while ago with a BMW 1000. Thats long gone but I was wanting something to tinker with over the winter and then I saw a Sigma 9P on Ebay . It was a year 2000 model so quite old but made a bid and I won it for less tan I intended to go.
Anyway it arrived today and after stripping it down and making a list of parts needed, splash guard and knife , also the water bath. .... Its not in bad condition at all and I would say its done very little work. I have started it up and the motor is a lot quieter than a Plasplugs cutter I have and quieter than the Dewalt.
Not sure how far I will go with the rebuild yet but it will be used as it should.
Pics to follow :thumbsup:

I

Ian

Always liked the idea of restoration of vehicles and dabbled a while ago with a BMW 1000. Thats long gone but I was wanting something to tinker with over the winter and then I saw a Sigma 9P on Ebay . It was a year 2000 model so quite old but made a bid and I won it for less tan I intended to go.
Anyway it arrived today and after stripping it down and making a list of parts needed, splash guard and knife , also the water bath. .... Its not in bad condition at all and I would say its done very little work. I have started it up and the motor is a lot quieter than a Plasplugs cutter I have and quieter than the Dewalt.
Not sure how far I will go with the rebuild yet but it will be used as it should.
Pics to follow :thumbsup:

I was watching that, resisted the temptation to bid! Look forward to the pics.

G

Gazzer

Well this is how it came, Missing parts are, splashguard, Water Tray and marker guide. Oh and also a plate that covers the wheel as you look at the third photo.
sig1.JPG sig2.JPG sig3.JPG

S

Spud

I am refurbing my old rubi table saw Neale ,its 19years old and rubi stopped making spares for it 12 years ago it is rusty, needed new wheels on the sliding tray , a new start switch , new water plug stopper needed new hand wheels for the blade guard and a new water pump, so far it has cost me £165 for a new switch, £80 for new wheels and sealed bearings on the sliding tray , £20 for new rubber on the sliding tray, £5 for a water stopper ,£16 for hammerite paint , I need a new cutting guide Karl dahm sell a universal one for about £60 , I bought some ptfe sheet as I am attaching guide feet to the tray to keep it running in line as the tray can wander at the moment , that was £20 and i will put an rcd safety plug on it as its 240v to keep it safe so in all when its done it will have cost around £386. I will take some photos at the weekend and if you dont mind I will post them on here :thumbsup:ps. the paint job is rubbish but i just wanted to tidy it up and protect it from further rusting

Reply to Project Sigma 9P in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L
Morning chaps! I have been lurking on here for a while now, gathering bits of information and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
Once again turning to the helpful folks on this forum for advice. Rather than using my wet...
Replies
Views
L
Thinking of buying a new 1200mm cutter Sigma or Rubi? I already own one of each like them both...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
R
Hi everyone, I have been doing a lot of the wooden floor effect tiles lately and decided to...
Replies
Views
ruairi mac
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB