Discuss Protilers - Tiling in Notting Hill in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

Hello all,

started a job today in Notting hill..........I have been here before and did this in the main house:

IMG_1751_zps3155f5ee.jpg

anyway,

I have now moved into the "studio" in the garden.......
its a 3 story building that encompasses a "Shower room".........here is what went on......

here is the view from outside the room.......

IMG_1859_zpsb6c1fe5f.jpg

and here is the inside:

IMG_1860_zps6c6dd356.jpg

IMG_1861_zps74bdd098.jpg

IMG_1862_zpsfde27ad6.jpg

the tiles are 100x100mm white (matt and gloss!)......in a random fashion.....oh and brick bonded!!!

like this:

IMG_1863_zpsac5774fb.jpg

IMG_1864_zpsd39eb2fc.jpg

IMG_1865_zpse4d24f28.jpg

hope you are all well.....all the best!

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening all............

here is what went on today.........

the first thing I did was install the Ditra as per the spec of the architect!!!.......(more on that later!)

1-28_zps1b8a92a1.jpg

then I was off wall tiling:

IMG_1866_zps33ee22e5.jpg

I have tried to keep the wraps full wherever I can......

IMG_1867_zps702ab0af.jpg

IMG_1869_zps50a3310c.jpg

IMG_1870_zps5af67b14.jpg

another wall out of the way.........on to the next........

the architect wants whole tiles on the boxing's..........looking good for that so far......

IMG_1871_zps2ee25ddb.jpg

IMG_1872_zpsb71029ce.jpg

here is the shower view:

IMG_1873_zpsbdff2b43.jpg

all is good........I hope the mosaics turn up tomorrow.......or I am going to slow down..........and I really, really don't want that!

All the best

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening all........

first off I got out of bed late.......this is unusual.........but it is probably because I knew the plumber would be in there first thing to plumb the rad........so I trundled to my local bank to pay in some money........
got to the bank and guess what.....it was opening late due to a "training session".......I hope it was something to do with stabilising the economy, and not a lesson in being nice to pensioners........
basically the bank did not open until 10.30..........no good to me at all.......and on a side note....every time I am in this bank there is a pensioner talking to the teller about her weak bladder and how uncomfortable it is.......
takes ages to get served and the teller does not give a ...................

so I got to work....

20130327_160334_zpse440c9b1.jpg

finished off the rear wall and everything was going well..........then.....

20130327_160342_zps5d2580f3.jpg

I realised that the box had not been built to the drawing.......it was ment to be 200mm deep.....and they had built the "stud" to 200mm........and clad it with 18mm ply (now 218mm ish).......
this has completely screwed my whole tile/half tile set out......you cant see it yet (unless you follow the courses), but you will see it later!!!!!!

20130327_160348_zps5c3e1ca1.jpg

oh well......that's me for another day!!!!

all the best.......

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening all.....hope you all enjoyed your long weekend!

been back to Notting Hill today....floor tiles have STILL not arrived.......so I used it as an excuse to go and see Gary the tiler.......he was only around the corner!!!.....
He is working on a really nice job.....and doing great!!!!.....its steps and landings (at the mo!).....he was knee deep in sand and cement!!!...hehehheheheeeeee

anyway......here is what I did..........its not a lot:

IMG_1878_zps34822795.jpg

as you can see there is a small cut along the boxing!!!!......if they built it 200mm as specified this job would have worked out peachy.....full tiles and half tiles everywhere!!!....oh well!

IMG_1879_zpse99bc53f.jpg

IMG_1880_zps01d54cd5.jpg

IMG_1881_zpsede77a7d.jpg

all the best lads

Lee

P

Protilers

I think the surface finish is lost on these pictures. I imagine these will look quite effective when grouted and the gloss/satin finish stands out.
Its very difficult to capture on camera ATS........but in the room it looks good......hopefully when I finish there will be electrics in the building.....at the moment its a dungeon in the basement!!!
hehehheheheheeee

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Problem is this Lee. The client only sees the finished product and not what goes on behind the prep work and something like this could have been easily avoided. Unfortunately it's what will be noticed and when you work so hard to set out to avoid things like this it can be soul destroying. The saving grace is that you have made some idiot who needs a new tape measure look good now.

Reply to Protilers - Tiling in Notting Hill in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Funny
Hi all, So glad to have stumbled across this website. I completed a Tiling course last year and...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all! Hope everyone's having a good 2016 so far. Just a quick post to tell you about the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
S
Hi all, I require a couple or 3 tilers to assist myself on up coming projects, first one being...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
B
Tiler / Tiling in Sandwich, East Kent, CT13 0NQ Delphi Ceramic Ltd – Sandwich, Kent We...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
P
Evening all.... went back to my job in Notting hill today......started the "feature"...
Replies
Views
the diving tile
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB