Discuss Protilers - Tiling in Notting Hill in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

very nice lee, quick question reference last bathroom project, the magnets, have you sourced and stronger ones ? I am about to pinch your excellent idea and implement it in an access panel.

cheers
they work well.....but you do need to modify the panel some what for a "perfect" result!......worth the effort IMO.........

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and you are most welcome!

- - - Updated - - -

oh....what was the question?....hjehehhehehehehhehe

P

Protilers

Evening all.........

I am still chipping away........here is what happened today......

IMG_1886_zpse66de993.jpg

first off I grouted up the rest of this room.......then I went upstairs and installed a small splash back.......but I did not take a photo....DOH......oh well,
then I installed the silicone in this room......:#

IMG_1890_zps22527fc3.jpg

then it was off to the first floor...............:

IMG_1887_zps50531895.jpg

IMG_1888_zps3237b299.jpg

IMG_1889_zps007ad5c1.jpg

probably....(but not definitely!)......I am going to install this next:

Untitled-1-1_zpsf8122059.jpg

these are hexagonal Encaustics.....two different colours.....to create an "over" and "under" type pattern...............

the job time has been reduced from 5 weeks completeion and hand over to 3 weeks over night!!!!!!.......and I have a load of encaustics to fix in the basement as well!!!!!!...........

oooooooohhhhhhhh.......

all the best

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening all.......well the saga continues.............

I got an email this morning INSISTING I use 1mm spacers (the architect has contacted the company in morocco and they have never had a problem!).....
I don't know what the architect told them.....and I now have an email trial of advice and responses................my last email is a cover page of the latest BS.........

BS states 3mm......and open the joint up if neccacary!!!.....like you would on handmade tiles!!!!!!!!!............

but after a couple of conversations.......here is what went on..........and it is in 1mm!!!!!!! (oh and its a different floor to what I posted yesterday!)

IMG_1893_zpsd426a5eb.jpg

IMG_1895_zps5e29596b.jpg

IMG_1894_zps5111753a.jpg

all the best

Lee!

P

Protilers

here is what I did today on the other side of the kitchen.......here is the area:

IMG_1896_zpsa4ff2928.jpg

IMG_1897_zps49ff7bc6.jpg

its more Encaustics........sooooo....

IMG_1899_zpsd1f457ad.jpg

IMG_1901_zpsc6676af8.jpg

I am following a plan from the architect and the coloured tiles need to be in a fixed place and a fixed orientation..........proper pain.....oh well.....

IMG_1903_zps051b5aa4.jpg

and before any one say's it........that random, don't match odd tile..........that is a FEATURE TILE!!!!......heheheheheheheeeeee.........I have no idea what he is smoking.........

all the best

Lee

Reply to Protilers - Tiling in Notting Hill in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Funny
Hi all, So glad to have stumbled across this website. I completed a Tiling course last year and...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all! Hope everyone's having a good 2016 so far. Just a quick post to tell you about the...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
S
Hi all, I require a couple or 3 tilers to assist myself on up coming projects, first one being...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
B
Tiler / Tiling in Sandwich, East Kent, CT13 0NQ Delphi Ceramic Ltd – Sandwich, Kent We...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
P
Evening all.... went back to my job in Notting hill today......started the "feature"...
Replies
Views
the diving tile
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB