Discuss Proven anhydrite methods in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

stusgsx

I'd safely say the mousture trying escape has caused the primer to destabilise or emulsify causing the bond between it & adhesive to fail. Has the grout started cracking around the tiles? Also it may not have been sanded to remove the laitance or weak layer on top. This would mean the tiles would lift themselves first chance they got. How long has original tiling been done?

I'm pretty sure it will be the moisture that caused this too. The tiles have been down just over a year. Grout cracking? There's no grout left to crack in most areas! Lol it's that bad!

My dad was the kitchen fitter on this job and "apparently" the customer insisted the floor tiling to be done before screed ready as they had a party to host!

I'm pretty sure it will be the moisture that caused this too. The tiles have been down just over a year. Grout cracking? There's no grout left to crack in most areas! Lol it's that bad!

My dad was the kitchen fitter on this job and "apparently" the customer insisted the floor tiling to be done before screed ready as they had a party to host!

Got duped myself by client saying floor was tested & ok. Back 3 months later doing splash backs and I know myself they've failed extensively although client hasn't said. It ends up he had a bet with his inlaws about a moving in date. That said I wasn't happy with the primer & fixing materials and made a point of making him sign a disclaimer.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Proven anhydrite methods in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....just a quick priming query please. Calcium based screed... heating commissioned...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB