Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Put your Home town/city on the map in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

united

'One City' is a City of Sunderland promotional website:lol:They'll say owt to make the place look good:lol:

Nah, mate, sorry but I think the fella that did that website had been drinking the same as what you've had:lol:

'Toon Army'

You have to admit they do make Sunderland sound good, even I wanted to visit after reading that and I'm already here :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
OK Oldham's claim to fame, not to impressive.

First test tube baby( Mr Steptoe)

Winston Churchill MP early 1900s

Nick Parks, Wallace & Grommit

Bernard Cribbins, the wombles

Eric Sykes, the goons

Cannon & Ball

First tubular bandage

Brian Cox physicist

Philip Schofield TV presenter

Not sure Oldham folk would be to proud of some of these:thumbsup:
See, I know nearly all of those ones!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
still think im not dreaming so just a little info for you non believers ,Census 2001 - Population Pyramids - Sunderland
I don't think it's the fact we don't believe, which I think we do. It's the fact it's a rubbish claim to fame haha

It is literally like saying 'my house is the biggest between the two biggest near us out of the 12 in my street'.

Being the biggest perhaps isn't such a claim, as London is the capital. But Liverpool is the next biggest and isn't, and also housed the Beatles which is a bonus. That's more like a good claim based on size.

You get me? :curtain: < never seen that smilie before.

Edit:

Just to add, if you're 90 and over in Sunderland you're laughing when it comes to women, 4 women to each man! Crap if you're in your thirties though as I'm afraid you only get one each.

squeaky

TF
Arms
Sunderland
I don't think it's the fact we don't believe, which I think we do. It's the fact it's a rubbish claim to fame haha

It is literally like saying 'my house is the biggest between the two biggest near us out of the 12 in my street'.

Being the biggest perhaps isn't such a claim, as London is the capital. But Liverpool is the next biggest and isn't, and also housed the Beatles which is a bonus. That's more like a good claim based on size.

You get me? :curtain: < never seen that smilie before.

Edit:

Just to add, if you're 90 and over in Sunderland you're laughing when it comes to women, 4 women to each man! Crap if you're in your thirties though as I'm afraid you only get one each.
yes i do get it but you dont have to be bitter about sunderland been bigger than newcastle :smilewinkgrin:
but i think sunderlands biggest claim is
John Samuel Humble
the hoax ripper

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

fred west :thumbsdown: i live about 4 miles from 25 cromwell st

tiled loads of houses down there as well for a property developer i know

the house has been pulled down now thank god couldnt realy see any one wanting to live there.

we allso have a lovely cathedral where harry potter was filmed and dr who.

and a fantastic rugby team who play at the kingsholm rugby ground :thumbsup:[/QUO i was there yesterday mate visiting one of my daughter's,in Tuffley
i like it i was going to go in the original style tile shop, but did not get round to it :thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Brian Cox, and the guy from the wombles, but I know the wombles.

Didn't know the guys name from the test tube baby thing but I guess I wouldn't. Didn't know the first test tube baby was from there either, but I get the gist.

So just brian cox really.

Dan, Brian Cox works at the large hadron collider in Cern Switzerland? I know I'm no wiser:oops: Bernard Cribbins was a comic/ actor. He did a song called there I was diggin a hole, a hole in the ground. I am hoping to move shortly:mad2::lol:

Reply to Put your Home town/city on the map in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Put your Home town/city on the map
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.