Discuss Quantity sand and cement in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi all, i'm after some advice regarding the amount of sand and cement i need to do some screeding in my house. My house was tiled about 20 years ago, tiles layed in a screed 5 cms thick. The screed is really drummy and tiles are popping up so iv'e started breaking it away and plan on re doing the screed myself before having it re tiled. Iv'e done some concreting before so pretty confident about doing a decent job. My first question is approx how much sand and cement will i need to do 70 m2 at a thickness of 5cms? Will a ratio of 4 parts sand 1 part cement be ok; also the concrete slab underneath has inbuilt heating, that being the case do i need to add anything else to the mix or is sand and cement enough? A few questions there but any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jamie

Reply to Quantity sand and cement in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Quantity sand and cement
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.