Discuss quartz tiles over floating floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GaryS

Hi guys ive done tiles only a few times and landed a job because im a perfectionist and will make sure the tiles are flush however i got a lot to learn and been thrown into the deep end with 55m2 of quartz tiles to do on a floor. the floor is a floating foor that has had 9mm ply over 18mm mdf. I can set out and tile the area just looking for pointers more on what not to do. so any help will be appreciated tiles are 600 * 600 quartz black sparkly affairs and a bit pricey to get it wrong. adhesive recomendations and primers ect will also be helpful

G

GaryS

ty for the fast responses folks if it needs heavier ply or a cement board on top this is what i need to know if i need to tell customer this is what needs to be done first then i will do and i think he will ok it, if not i will leave well alone as i dont fancy the big repair bill if it goes wrong. it seems there is also an issue with the correct type of adhesive to use because of the floating floor and the quartz tiles have seperate requirements

G

GaryS

client has already thrown tilers of the job for not having the tiles flush hmm maybe thats the easy way out lol lay some that are a few mm out and give problem to someone else lol, if i have to tell client that 9mm ply is no good as his £5k floor will fail later im sure he will listen I just need to know exactly what to do to make it right this client doesnt want to spend the money but he has it to spend and will if i can tell him why

Reply to quartz tiles over floating floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've read a few forum comments or articles about the dangers of laying tiles over...
Replies
Views
I was supposed to have a concrete floor finish so I have a contemporary floor look. The...
Replies
Views
Please can somebody share their knowledge and let me know if I’m on the right track, i.e do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
quartz tiles over floating floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.