Discuss Question re taking on a job.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Thanks again Geoff. One final question for you regarding the preparation stage. Do you know roughly the proportions to mix for a 10 sqm room, particularly the water to sbr ratio so that I know how much I need to buy and quote for? What would be the rough amount of powder to add ( I know there won't be an exact amount but just so I know the rough consistency to mix to) Thanks again, Rich

First of all, slurry mixes are really supposed to be only SBR & cement mix. I have over time messed around and found it flows & rolls out much better with water mixed in with the SBR. I started out as many do with a 50/50 cement/SBR mix but found it too thick and hard to roller out.

Start with adding a litre of water to 2 litres of SBR. Then add 5kg adhesive to the mix. Once all mixed together the mix should be fairly fluid but not too runny. Adjust the mix accordingly so it's loose enough to roller out. Use more SBR if needed, not water.

R

RDTiling

Thanks Geoff. Great advice and a detailed reply as always. I think I'm armed with everything now to properly prepare this floor as it is a new one for me.

Im just waiting in confirmation on the tiles they are looking for, but I understand they would like a curved edging on the tiles to make it easier for cleaning and to protect the aqua panel that is going on the walls. Many of the committee member would've preferred the walls tiled but a majority voted for aqua panel.

I'm hoping their decision isn't going to restrict the choice of anti slip tiles they can have for the floor, as I've never used the curved edging tiles before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Question re taking on a job.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not a tiler - which is why I have one in working away on my new kitchen floor! However...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views
hats67 - Yesterday at 11:48 PM Add bookmark #1 Hello guys. I came upon and registered with...
Replies
Views
Hello every body. I've been our of tiling business for years just start a mear to work in it...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Question re taking on a job....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond