Discuss Quoted for a job ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

A while back I was asked to quote for a job by a bathroom company that I had done a fair bit for in the last 6 months. Now quoting was unusual as I gave them a basic rate and worked on that.
So I put the quote in and heard nothing until today when I was asked to start in 2 days time...I have no chance ! He went beserk saying I had let him down....but he never said the quote was acceptable or gave me any firm dates. I know for a fact that he has another tiler he uses and suspect he was given the job but let him down.
No matter what happens I cant do the job now as I am too busy but I still feel bad but ...why should I ?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Why do they always say "Your've let me down" it's there problem and if they can't organise themselves a little bit better then it's "There problem".

How would he feel if you said to him "You've let me down not giving me that job, I was relying on that one"? He wouldn't give a flying one.

Neale, just tell him you need at least 2 weeks notice to move work round if possible to try and accommodate him next time.

G

Gazzer

Had a txt message this morning at 7am from said company. " I hope you have reconsidered this situation and you will be on site no later by Friday am, you will need to complete by Monday am.Had we not have required your services then we would have let you know."
My reply via txt " When asked for a written quote It is usual practice to be given either an email or letter of acceptance or even a job number. Further more no dates were mentioned only that when you had finished 1st fix plumbing and the work to a dividing wall, then I the tiling would commence.
Sadly I have no time available in the next month to do this job"

As i write this another txt.
"That is unacceptable, you knew you would be getting this tiling so you will have to work something out.

My reply just
" The point is that I did not know I had this job as you did not accept the quote, why ask for a written quote if you were happy with the prices I have charged on the past jobs. Really sorry but I have no time ."

P

Pebbs

Neale, stop feeling bad about it, you know what I would have said.....but its not printable and it would result in me getting a ban. The man is a bully, he has messed up, I think he gave the job to someone else, they have let him down and you were the next point of call. That second text was one of a man in a state of PANIC! I think he ran a comparison between your quote and another went with the other, then something has happened and hes reverted back to you. One of the annoying things about quotes (amongst the 521 currently on my list) is when you quote and you dont get a thank you, a response, or worse you hear someone else has got the work!!! Stuff him.

Lynn

Reply to Quoted for a job ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB