Discuss quoting per meter or per job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

I'm set price up to 4m2 the per m2 thereafter. I never do day rate for tiling. You can only give an estimate to the customer of how long it will take cause there's always hidden problems along the way. This way customer knows exactly what they are paying right from the start.
My prices are set no matter the size. Only thing that changes is the tile type wether its ceramic, porcelain, stone, mosaic etc

R

Rookery

I'm a day rate person myself and I'm experienced enough to be able to work out how long the job will take and what materials will be required. The customer gets a detailed written quote so they know exactly how much the job is going to cost them and that gives them the confidence to book me. I allow for "tiles up to *** x ***" in my quote so I can approach them for any extra over should it be necessary but it rarely is. Occasionally a job will under-run or over-run but they tend to even themselves out. It works for me.

B

Bubblecraft

I'm a day rate person myself and I'm experienced enough to be able to work out how long the job will take and what materials will be required. The customer gets a detailed written quote so they know exactly how much the job is going to cost them and that gives them the confidence to book me. I allow for "tiles up to *** x ***" in my quote so I can approach them for any extra over should it be necessary but it rarely is. Occasionally a job will under-run or over-run but they tend to even themselves out. It works for me.

I suppose that's ok if you are just a tiler and everything is ready for you to tile but if your the one doing the whole fit with all the prep work including new walls, plumbing, lighting, plastering etc then it just cannot be priced as a day rate. It wouldn't work

R

Rookery

I suppose that's ok if you are just a tiler and everything is ready for you to tile but if your the one doing the whole fit with all the prep work including new walls, plumbing, lighting, plastering etc then it just cannot be priced as a day rate. It wouldn't work
I do full bathroom refurbs on this basis. I consider every aspect of the work in detail so I know how long it will take. That's removing all the old fittings and tiles, replastering or reboarding the walls/ceiling, overboarding the floor, building boxing in, altering feeds and wastes, tiling, fitting the new sanitary ware, extras such as lighting and heating, skip etc etc. I cost out the materials in detail too. It works for me but I accept other people have different ways of working.

B

Bubblecraft

I do full bathroom refurbs on this basis. I consider every aspect of the work in detail so I know how long it will take. That's removing all the old fittings and tiles, replastering or reboarding the walls/ceiling, overboarding the floor, building boxing in, altering feeds and wastes, tiling, fitting the new sanitary ware, extras such as lighting and heating, skip etc etc. I cost out the materials in detail too. It works for me but I accept other people have different ways of working.

Glad that works for you. Just couldn't see that working for me without over charging or shooting my self in the foot. As you said, each to their own

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to quoting per meter or per job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’m new here. I’m a landlord and I have been in the process of getting some work done...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-rates-per-square-meter-per-day-how-much-do-tilers-cha...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB