Discuss Range cooker tripping breaker, even when all settings switched off Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Range cooker tripping breaker, even when all settings switched off Discussion ThreadRange cooker tripping breaker, even when all settings switched off Electrical Advice

Hi guys n gals.

I don't often do appliances but been looking at a range cooker of a regular customer (gas hobs, 3x electirc ovens).
It keeps blowing the 32A MCB with a flash at the back of the range (unable to position myself behind to see where from but suspect it's around the incoming connection).

I've tested all elements which weren't great on insulation test to earth but just about passed. They all had about 42ohm resistance through element.

I found a disintegrated light bulb which I removed and bypassed.
Although there was significant thermal residue on the light cables I couldn't see any bare conductor.

I've disconnected all connections at the main terminal of the oven and tested the terminals as there seemed to be liquid residue around it but that was ok.

I've checked all cables at the back for damage but found none and there is no thermal damage on the rear panels.

I got a insulation resistance reading of 9 Mohm between L & E for the whole oven.

I haven't dismantled the top of the oven yet to check the dials, switches, etc. as it was getting late.

Confusing me a bit how it's tripping the breaker even when none of the ovens are switched on.
Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions what it might be?

Cheers in advance

Range cooker tripping breaker, even when all settings switched off for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Range cooker tripping breaker, even when all settings switched off Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
D
The boring facts about hard tiles Porcelain tiles are growing in popularity in both the...
Replies
Views
BrhTiling
B
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Range cooker tripping breaker, even when all settings switched off Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond