Discuss rated people, etc. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

johnryan

hello all. has anyone had any experience of these kinds of site, eg. rated people, service magic etc.
haven't had a lot of work on lately, and was wondering if these kind of sites are worth looking at. i must say that i'm not too keen on them, for various reasons, but thought maybe someone here might be able to tell me more about them. would be interesting to hear peoples opinions before i write them off as a bad idea permanently.
by the way, i did try to find any other posts already on this subject, so i apologise for double posting if there is. wasn't to sure what to search under, when i was looking.

D

Deleted member 9966

stick to the sort of advertising that you can control John, and preferably using as little cash expenditure as possible. word of mouth is still as good a way as any to drum up business and find new customers. there's loads of advice in our Marketing section of the forum, so have a nosey round and see what you find. most guys find that shelling out hundreds of pounds to rated people and so on doesn't yield much in the way of return at all.

J

johnryan

stick to the sort of advertising that you can control John, and preferably using as little cash expenditure as possible. word of mouth is still as good a way as any to drum up business and find new customers. there's loads of advice in our Marketing section of the forum, so have a nosey round and see what you find. most guys find that shelling out hundreds of pounds to rated people and so on doesn't yield much in the way of return at all.
ok, thanks. i was thinking the same kind of thing myself, but just wondered if others knew a bit more. just looking at all the options atm, as i moved recently, and am just starting up around here. i'm working on a website atm, which dan is going to help with, but it's taking longer than i thought, so looking at other ways to generate some work in the interim..

D

Deleted member 9966

ok, thanks. i was thinking the same kind of thing myself, but just wondered if others knew a bit more. just looking at all the options atm, as i moved recently, and am just starting up around here. i'm working on a website atm, which dan is going to help with, but it's taking longer than i thought, so looking at other ways to generate some work in the interim..

have you tried leaving your business cards or posting leaflets in the local amenities such as Post Office, Newsagent, church notice boards etc?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
try your local parish mag, get to know your local tile shops there number one for passing on work, if you have a van get it sign written, leave a hand full of cards with every customer........its all the little things that pay off in the long run .............and dont beat yourself up about it theres quite a few scratching round for work at the momment.

J

johnryan

have you tried leaving your business cards or posting leaflets in the local amenities such as Post Office, Newsagent, church notice boards etc?
haven't got round to that yet, but it is on my to do list. i was pretty busy up till jan, so didn't get round to any marketing so far, but will be working on it from now. i really need to get my website sorted first thing though, as i'm thinking that's going to help a lot. as soon as it's ready dan said he'll help me to get it rated etc. as at the moment i have a free site that's virtually useless. before i moved i had regular work from builders i knew and never got around to looking at advertising and such like, so i have to start reading up on it, i think

Reply to rated people, etc. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, new to the site but have been tiling for around 14 years, in that time i have had...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
FIXRADIO are looking for 20 nominations for their Wall and Floor Tiler of the year 2019...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
GRRRR. Friend of a friend has been pestering me to tile their house. Whole downstairs floor...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
rated people, etc.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.