Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Re-Grout or Re-Tile for limited DIYer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Peterborough, England
Just out of interest; did you buy the house from the builder? I know it's been 8 years. But NHBC covers 10 years, it won't cover movement and settling damage of the property. Like cracks in plaster. This is what they would put the failed silicone down to. BUT, i think it would be worth a shot trying to find out who did the tiling, installation and kick up a bit of a fuss over it not being right. You never know.

S

Stef

If you want a quick fix till you can afford to retile then i would silicone all your grout lines, that way it should stop any water ingress.

I moved into my property 2 years ago & the upstairs shower leaked last year, the tiling is horrendous, i cut out all the old silicone & siliconed every grout line & every where else that the leak could come from & its still water tight. Its not pretty.

I only done this as a temporary measure till i ripped the whole thing out.

Just saw the top post from Ali there, :mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Ste-Armer

Hg mould spray is really good for removing mould, I would completely get rid of the mould, remove all the old silicone again hg do a silicone remover which is very good. Then re-silicone.
Some of the grout in my bathroom cracked before I could afford to re-do it, so I just got a grout rake and scraped some of the grout and re-grouted. If there is cracked grout water will leak through and get behind the tiles then you could end up in a worse situation of the tiles coming off.

Reply to Re-Grout or Re-Tile for limited DIYer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Re-Grout or Re-Tile for limited DIYer
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.